Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Anyone having issues with getting 516mbs??

Recently joint the ooompphh deal where you get 516mbs since having this the most I’ve got is just over 200 but more often than not this is only 100mbs or even less tried calling virgin but just end up on hold for 45 mins and let’s be honest who’s got time to burn on hold if anyone else had these issues please advise and if any solutions have been made by virgin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Anyone having issues with getting 516mbs??

Which Hub do you have ?

How are you testing Wi-Fi or ethernet cable connected device ?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Got to admit I get 551 pretty much all the time - I do get some deviation i nthe evenings to the over selling is starting to kick in - but apart from that I've had a good service. I only use the Mobile and INternet, TV boxes still sat in the quick start pack along with the phone line adapter

Also whilst Speedtest.net is good I find this tester is better https://www.nperf.com/en/

Erith or Gravelines will always max out a VM line 

So is http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have hub 3 and it’s with a connected device I’ve just run a test on speedtest.net and got 65mbs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what does it report the 'connection speed’ as for the cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’m sorry but I really don’t know how to do what your asking I’m not very tech savvy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Navigate to the Connected Devices page.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Says I’ve got 12 wireless devices connected 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@carld3784 wrote:

Says I’ve got 12 wireless devices connected 

And what speed does it show for the ethernet connected device that you used for the speed test ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’m sorry I’ve not got an Ethernet connected device should I have??

0 Kudos