cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone achieving 1gig from hub 4 over wifi or ethernet?

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

N3m3sis1_0-1629722877696.png

25 REPLIES 25

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

Taken from ISPREVIEW... https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/04/new-virgin-media-uk-trial-hits-2-2gbps-broadband-speed... 

"One slight bugbear here is that the HUB 4.0 only has 1Gbps capable LAN ports, although you can of course still harness a speed of 2.2Gbps by using multiple WiFi and LAN ports. But we’d still hope that any future 2Gbps tier will ship with a more capable router (it may not)."

So I'm 0.1 down. So sue me! 😁😁😁

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

Just to add, you may denegrate Fast.com but how many speed test do you know that allow you to change the range of concurrent connections and the length of time that the test runs for? Go to the setting (gear wheel) and you will see.

Hi and thanks again.

I've posted all; advised here but not had much feedback? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/New-install-and-1-Gb-running-slow-slow-slow/td-p/4811287

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@ewhitey I've marked that post of yours for staff attention. 

Very much appreciated 😉 I've also noticed drop outs in my internet, wifi and weirdly, the sound on both my 360 boxes...I've never really had any issues except for internet but i'll do box reset and all that jazz - Many thanks again for your help.   

Hi ewhitey,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing slow speeds with your 1GB internet. We can understand the frustration this is causing especially reading through your post.

Looking through your previous post it seems that you have not achieved the desired speed since you have upgraded to the SH4. You also stated in your post that you had similar issues with your SH3 and only after a swap did this work to the desired speeds. It may be that we need to go down the same route for this issue.

Can we ask as you have been given some amazing advice off our community members already, did you manage to reset the box to sort out the sound issue that has now arisen too?

Please let me know about the above and we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi.