cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone achieving 1gig from hub 4 over wifi or ethernet?

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

N3m3sis1_0-1629722877696.png

25 REPLIES 25

@Andrew-G wrote:

Not sure how you're seeing 1.8 Gbps as the hub sets the speed limit through its configuration and that governs the connection between hub and CMTS, which for Gig1 is normally around 1 170 000 000 bits per second, visible in the Configuration data for the Primary Downstream Service Flow against the description Max Traffic Rate.  Shotgunning the ethernet ports won't make any difference to the speed limit.

Assuming all is above board and Max Traffic Rate is around 1.8 Gbps, then either you're enrolled in one of VM's official trials that you'd know about, or you could be temporarily and perhaps unknowingly enrolled in a short term field trial.  If it is 1.17, then the Fast.com report is simply wrong?

Fast.com is not an accurate speed test.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So getting a wifi6 capable router will increase your wifi speeds on Wifi6 capable devices... modern iPhones/Macbooks etc

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@ewhitey I'm confused as to why a) I'm not getting a decent speed e.g. always over say 850 and b. Why my readings are so widely variable?

Most likely because there's a noise or power level problem on your connection, these are usually easily resolved, and the forum staff can get that arranged if needed.  I'd suggest you start a new post about this, because it's nigh on impossible to offer sensible advice and help to posters joining the back end of somebody else's thread.

In that post, basically the same text as you've put here, but if you can add replies with additional data as follows:  Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub if in router mode.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"*  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

* There was a bug with Hub 4 firmware that stopped that link working, I think it has now been fixed.  If it still isn't working, navigate through the hub menus after logging in to the Admin section, and somewhere in there you'll find the hub's status pages.

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

N3m3sis1_1-1630596881285.png

An alternative

N3m3sis1_0-1630597490843.png

Yes,

Max Traffic Rate

Via link aggregation.

What's your point?

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

"What's your point?"

Anyone achieving 1gig from hub 4 over wifi or ethernet 😋

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

N3m3sis1_0-1630611032523.png

😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can achieve a steady, on average, 936MB via ethernet and around 470MB over Wi-Fi.

Range of Hub 4 very good but Wi-Fi speeds are atrocious. 

As a comparison, Wi-Fi with BT SH2 on their 900MB package was always a consistent 750MB.

That's on a M1 MacBook Pro sat 2 metres from the Hub!

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 21.03.07.png

fake.png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@N3m3sis1 wrote:

N3m3sis1_0-1630611032523.png

😁

Unless your doing a three port LAG thats not possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------