Menu
wilkinsona4
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Any idea why I cant get through to customer services

New customer, upload speed of less than 200kbps! on a 100mb fibre line!! what is going on!? it was installed over a week ago and I haven't been able to get hold of anyone to help. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any idea why I cant get through to customer services

@wilkinsona4 wrote:

New customer, upload speed of less than 200kbps! on a 100mb fibre line!! what is going on!? it was installed over a week ago and I haven't been able to get hold of anyone to help. 

If you post up more details folks on here will try and help.  First thing is, are these speeds on wifi or is the ethernet connection also poor ?  You could also access your hub first page and click on router status and post up your Upstream/Downstream/Network log numbers.  In the meantime if you want to try calling again try this. 

Call 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" – in business hours you usually get a UK call centre (is still a 30'+ wait tho') who are more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are planning to cancel and leave for Sky/BT because of the speed problem and they should be able to pick it up.  Alternatively a VM staff member will pick this up on here in a week or so.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any idea why I cant get through to customer services

Sorry to hear this wilkinsona4,

I've checked things from this end for you and there appears to be an issue present concerning your equipment SNR levels.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get an engineer visit arranged.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos