cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After work in the area slower speed on wired connection

redhowler
Dialled in

Hello, 

On 02/11/2022 VM carried some works in my area so till 6PM internet was on and off. Fine.

The  email from VM said that they will upgrade my broadband from M100 to M125 with no extra cost . Fine.

I restarted the SHUB 4 since 02/11 4 times with same result. Lower download speeds than before.

I used to have 106mbit dwl before their work in the area, now I have 90 mbit while upload was upgraded and works fine at 20-21 mbit but download was degraded.

My several tests was carried on wired connection only, not WI FI.

SHub 4 is in Modem Mode since in router mode Shub4 got horrible packet loss. My own router Asus has no problems and as I said I used to have 106 Mbit connection with same setup. Was no firmware update or changed configuration to my router or computer since 02/11/22.So why lower speeds dwl than?

If M125 is not "available" even that in my area there is M200, can I have my M100 back fully pls.

Nice upgrade form 106 Mbit to 92 and free toNice upgrade form 106 Mbit to 92 and free to

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

It could be VM network. 

Cause when a PSU goes bad is just doesn't recover from a plug off.

And anyways I restarted SH4 several times before, since 6 November including a hard reset using a pin, so is not that last restart of SH 4 either.

Hi redhowler,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you were getting slower than expected speeds after after maintenance in the area, I was able to locate you on the system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues ate all, how are things today.

Regards

Paul.

I posted 1 week ago that problem is solved.

It was a problem with SH4 PSU or VM network can't say which, prolly the latter.

Glad to hear the problem was resolved @redhowler.

Please continue to monitor the service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

And again is down to 93-94 Mbit instead of 132Mbit.

network.jpg

check your link speed when its slow if using router mode without a switch

if using modem mode check your router WAN link speed to the hub or connect a PC to the hub and test link speed is stable.

unpluging the ethernet and plugging it back may fix it not that that is a workaround more of a bug 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing to do with the link, I checked that already.

Is clear as day is VM network. Having no doubts anymore.

If I leave default settings on my NIC - that includes VM DNS right? My NIC suddenly changes configuration at seconds interval and loses the connection.

So basically the internet is on and off in matter of seconds.SH 4 doesn't even flash when that happen.  Happen today. I changed my default NIC settings, internet on and off is gone. 

Hi redhowler, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're sorry to hear you're continuing to have issues with your connection. 

Checking the hub stats this end, all is looking great in terms of the area itself and power/signal levels. Nothing is showing untoward. 

Due to this can you remove your third party router from the mix and connect directly from the hub to the PC/Laptop? Be sure to reboot the hub to make the connection. 

Please pop back and let us know if you're still having the issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Is not my own router I checked that.

Could also be rust on the cable link in the pit.

I checked the link in the socket mounted on my house wall that one doesn't have rust at all. So if is rust on links, that will be in the pit but I can't check that.

The main culprit I think still remain VM network cause after I posted here last week problem was gone. Also the fact that SH 4 needed 2 consecutive restarts to have internet again also points to VM network and in small % a faulty SH4.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @redhowler

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issues with your connection.

How has your connection been since Monday? Have you noticed any improvement at all?

Travis_M
Forum Team