cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade to free speed upgrade the upload speed is almost useless.

stevek007
Tuning in

Hi,

I received an email from virgin saying that I have been given a speed increase to my M200 package. Great, I rebooted the hub. Now it has 273 mb download to the hub and from the hub to the PC (ethernet) and initially an upload of 25.0 from the hub and 22.0 from the PC to the hub.

NOW the download is almost the same, but from the PC to the hub 3.9 and from the hub to the internet is 2.32. 

It is almost useless to me as I am a sports photographer with often 5000 images from a weekend at a triathlon to upload quickly; otherwise, ill miss the opportunity to sell them.

No hardware changes here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wrong terminology, they are not static addresses that you put into the hub, they are preferred/reserved IP address, wrongly called by a lot of people. Yes, all the preferred/reserved IP addresses will be removed from the hub’s settings. Best way is to put a real static address in the device itself. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A pinhole reset of the Hub has solved this for many customers - so do this...

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - will this reset things like my static IP addresses ?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM Residential Package ip addresses arent static - are you on a business package ?

They are very "sticky" though - mine has chased just once in several years.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John, Sorry I wasn't clear, the IP addresses that I have associated with my devices, for various reasons some need a static IP address (NAS for instance) for some devices to find them.

Cheers

Steve

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wrong terminology, they are not static addresses that you put into the hub, they are preferred/reserved IP address, wrongly called by a lot of people. Yes, all the preferred/reserved IP addresses will be removed from the hub’s settings. Best way is to put a real static address in the device itself. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2