Menu
Dominix
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

A great request for help.

Hello everyone.

I'm very sorry for my English, not my native language, but I'll try to explain everything as good as I can.

For months now I struggle with streaming to twitch (it's just a hobby)

I don't know where the problem is, neither Virgin  that's why I thought to see is it just me, or maybe others have this kind of issue as well, even if you don't stream you might not even notice it, you can help as well.

The problem is, that when I want to stream to Twitch/YT/Mixer etc I lose a lot frames during stream, what cause a lag, buffer or just simply stream is not smooth, from a viewer point of view.

Right now I have Vivid 350 so around 380Mbps DL and 35Mbps UP

At speedtest everything kind of looks alright:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8416416640

unless I change a test to Single connection:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8416418520

And here where problem begins.

With 35Mbps Upload I should be able to easily stream to Twitch at 8Mbps bitrate, but I can't at all, even 6Mbps struggles from time to time.

It was ok for a while in late april:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8213968708

Before my upload got a small "boost"

than few days later  my Up went to 35Mbps and was still fine:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8219527608

Now not even close to that.

So here is my request to everyone who has PC to do a few tests to check is it just on my end or maybe something with Virgin in general.

There is small software that test connection between your PC and Twitch server:

https://r1ch.net/projects/twitchtest

Look at download section, you might need to download as well Visual Studio 2015 Runtime to run this program.

Than you need twitch account.

If you don't have any, its free to create,  so just a few minutes and you are ready to go.

What to do next?

https://imgur.com/hhSqL7O

1.) Go to settings

2.) Click on Channel and Videos

3.) Click on copy, next to primary stream key

4. Open Twitch Bandwidth test, paste key , set TCP Windows size to automatic (OBS)

Change Test duration to 30sec

Select 3 EU servers, Paris, Amsterdam and London and than press Start

5.) Once the test is done, press Share result and link it here

https://i.imgur.com/EqBQgOh.png

After this, please also to do a quick test on speed test site using multi and single connections:

Thank you to everyone in advance who would like to help me.

I'm out of ideas what to do to fix this.

Regards, Dominik.

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: A great request for help.

I personally don’t stream from pc but have you tried streaming at 720p to see if any lag could also be the specs of your pc causing the lag. Try a line Quality test on thinkbroadband.com and edit the second picture, not an idea to show your IP address. From what I can see no sign of ddos attacks
0 Kudos
Dominix
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

EtwoRe: A great request for help.

Frame drops are network related, not encoder(GPU Rtx2080ti)

I was able to stream at 8000kbps for a long time, now I can't even in 6000kbps. 

Sure I'll edit once I get back home.

Is there any chance you could do it the test I asked? 

Regards, Dominik 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: EtwoRe: A great request for help.

1080p is about 2500Kbs @30FPS so try that as my test stream runs fine.

Change latency mode in Twitch back to normal latency

For the server tests I get 70-73 for quality being on 5Mb upload on your connection you should be getting 100 so try resetting the key for a new one.

0 Kudos
Dominix
Joining in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: EtwoRe: A great request for help.

Lowering a bitrate is not a solution I'm looking for. I picked 350/20(35 now) for a reason, not to stream on it at 2500kbps in 30fps.

To stream at 8000kbps 1080p60 to have enough headroom, for any ping issues while stream is on.

I know right now how it will look without turning my pc on.

Same with latency mode or stream key, because that has nothing to do with my problem as I said in my first post. No matter which streaming platform I pick, YouTube, mixer, restreamio, twitch I will have same issue on all of them.

I've asked to do a test using twitch bandwidth test because only twitch has tool like this, and it's very easy to use.

Is your UP same in multi and single connection test?

It would be easier to post 3 links with results

Regards, Dominik.

0 Kudos
Hoogle
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

First of all are you a partnered Twitch channel if not then you should not be uploading greater than 6000 kbps or you will eventually trigger their system which will put you on a throttled service. Secondly if you are not partnered then 1080 60 fps is not the best stream option for you as people with lower speed broadband etc can not view it properly and without buffering that is why many streamers still stick to 720 @ 60fps and stick to 5-6k bitrate often being the case that the quality is actually far superior after twitch transcoding than if you were to select 1080 fps. Believe it or not you have to be partnered and get permission from twitch on your account to stream at higher bitrates. 

That is twitch side covered what you are not saying is if you are gaming from your pc that you are also streaming from, If that is the case then you will struggle depending on what game your playing and your cpu specs a lot of games even an i7 can struggle with gaming and streaming at the same time if you are on an AMD system then well could also be a major problem sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. My friend streams several demanding games 1080 60 fps no problem at 6k bitrate but when I set him up for 720 60 fps fo fast moving games then he did actually have a far superior stream in quality.  But no matter on his stream settings if he ties to live stream minecraft especially modded his computer is very over worked and he is on a nice i7 build with a top end GPU and ram. 

Then there is your OBS settings and in particular your upscaling/downscaling your keyframes etc many people put key frame interval at 1 when in fact 2 will give a far better quality stream. Are you using lots of scene features and web based plugins like chat alerts, sub alerts etc all can effect your stream if you have lots of scene elements in your active scene. What are your audio settings etc as audio is a secondary thought but say your system is set to 48000 khz but yet your microphone is ste to 44100 khz and your OBS is set to 24000 khz etc then that is several issues in 1. 

Are you using multiple monitors 2 monitor outputs puts a lot of strain on your system when gaming on top of recording/streaming

Are you using a capture card or multiple capture cards.

Are you using a face came with chromatic keying software as well. 

Pc is under a lot of stress when streaming so even if you have a high end pc 1 setup error can make a £5000 pc perform like an £700 Pc. 

load and play game, that game could be through steam and not put much load on your system or same game through epic games launcher etc can throttle your pc. That is an example not a fact so play your game as normal and see in task manager to see if that is spiking anywhere unusally high and if on windows 10 check to see if the hard drive under task manager is not extremely high (just google windows 10 HDD at 100% 

If everything is ok make sure your OBS is set up with same quality in recording as streaming and just record your game play locally and review it and then slowly add your other features like webcams in etc and see if adding 1 thing collapses your whole setup. 

Stream to youtube with same setup and see if any issues there (They are a lot more forhgiving on what quality you can stream at but does have worse transcoding than twitch but you can overcome that by streaming at higher quality

if twitch is still problematic disable low latency or enable it opposite to what they have on (more a viewer option in advanced settings on the video player) 

but failing that if youtube/facebook/ mixer (dont base anything on facebook it is worst quality of them all) are all fine then it locks like your twitch account has been restricted.

And if all that has failed and one subject I have not covered is your actual broadband setup I really would not stream using hub3 in fact that has many problems in its self I switch it into modem mode and use a better quality router  which I know a lot of people do not like spending £200+ on a decent router but it removes a lot of superhub issues especially that quality of service but virgins own version. If you have multiple tivo boxes are they switched off etc. use a different test site like proof.ovh.net 

Dominix
Joining in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Don't focus on twitch guys, it's same issue to yt as well. It's not hardware.

Please stick also to my small request and post results from tests o asked.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Dominim

0 Kudos
Hoogle
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

1.PNG

Incase no mods are around to authorise picture:
https://i.imgur.com/YTadSvX.png

0 Kudos
Dominix
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

And what is your speed test result? Single and multi connection?
0 Kudos
Hoogle
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos