Menu
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50Mbps Download on Vivid200

@ianwil54 wrote:

whats your problem mate don't post very often just saw a post about speed and im having a problem so wind your neck in

Will do,

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@ianwil54 wrote:

whats your problem mate don't post very often just saw a post about speed and im having a problem so wind your neck in

He was trying to help you - If this is how you are with people it's a GOOD thing you don't post very often.. reported

ianwil54
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

maybe he could off worded it better. 

ianwil54
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

And I have reported you 

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@ianwil54 wrote:

maybe he could off worded it better. 

"maybe he could have worded it better"   (sorry - Smiley Happy)

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
ianwil54
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Same here 👍

horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hilarious! K's all round for seasonal reminder that "Panto season" is so entertaining! 😉 ..... and a salutary reminder that for the 9th year running I'm significantly too close to reporting myself for yet again failing my New Years resolution as per my name profile:Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 14.39.43.png

lol 😉

EDIT: actually, on a more serious (technical) note, it's trivially easy to (inadvertently or deliberately) compromise  performance issues (particularly "Speedtest.net") .......    😉

That's the only (primary) reason: "raison d'être" I'm a SU and also relying on multiple SamKnows monitoring. hardware/software for. last decade!

Doesn't mean I'm  (W)right, merely that  I'm not always available for panto season!!

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@ianwil54 wrote:

And I have reported you 

Good luck - without a good reason you get removed.. So see you 🙂

0 Kudos
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:

@ianwil54 wrote:

And I have reported you 

Good luck - without a good reason you get removed.. So see you 🙂

Most likely outcome  if we can't encourage  participants back to supplying. structured diagnostics that include basic environmental details with OS/firmware/DHCP-reservation and WiFi RF mapping where appropriate is the  thread will get "locked"!  😞

In meantime "Watch Out! - it's behind you!" ......   😛

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos
blunty406
Tuning in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have not tried a new cable as the current one runs from the hub up to the loft and down into the room with the computer. Thanks for the advice though. 

It is a shame that after your post 9/16 the thread goes into nonsense arguments, the sort of thing that puts off using forums, especially when from people with a long history of being on the site. What is the point.

0 Kudos