cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500mg slower than 350mg

thenel
Dialled in

hi, I was upgraded from 350mg bb speed to 500mg. my speed is around 100/150mg which is slower now than on 350mg. any ideas?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a reset like this....

...first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
By wireless?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @thenel,

Welcome back to the community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your broadband speeds.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Have you tried the great advice given by @jbrennand? Is the issue still ongoing? Are you also able to confirm if the issue is on wired or wireless devices as mentioned by @legacy1

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs