Menu
Reply
  • 947
  • 23
  • 140
shawty1984
Rising star
1,086 Views
Message 41 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.


@roughbeast wrote:

V.VIP 500Mb is cheaper, whilst being a superior product,  than my VIP Vivid 350. That is the comparison I was making. 


So how much were you paying for VIP if it was over £139? When it should be £129. Isn't that just you paying more for something that should be cheaper? You said this - 

"If you are already on Vivid 350, then V.VIP Vivid 500 is cheaper than you are paying now, even after the initial 12 months discount."

Which you seem to be telling people that VVIP is cheaper than VIP which it isn't. 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 21
  • 0
  • 3
brenster100
Tuning in
976 Views
Message 42 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.

You're saying that a £99 package for V.VIP in which I don't need the TV, the Landline or the mobile would be cheaper than the £41 I pay for my VIVID 350.

Not to mention that the only real perk of the new package is the upload speed which the VIVID 350 got.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 263
  • 2
  • 18
roughbeast
Up to speed
930 Views
Message 43 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.


@brenster100 wrote:
You're saying that a £99 package for V.VIP in which I don't need the TV, the Landline or the mobile would be cheaper than the £41 I pay for my VIVID 350.

Not to mention that the only real perk of the new package is the upload speed which the VIVID 350 got.

Where did I say any of that? I'm comparing what I get now, and pay for, with what I I used to get and paid for. I am paying less for a better service. This is absolutely nothing to do with what you get or what you want.

Location: Coventry Cab CV826
Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 947
  • 23
  • 140
shawty1984
Rising star
921 Views
Message 44 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.


@roughbeast wrote:

@brenster100 wrote:
You're saying that a £99 package for V.VIP in which I don't need the TV, the Landline or the mobile would be cheaper than the £41 I pay for my VIVID 350.

Not to mention that the only real perk of the new package is the upload speed which the VIVID 350 got.

Where did I say any of that? I'm comparing what I get now, and pay for, with what I I used to get and paid for. I am paying less for a better service. This is absolutely nothing to do with what you get or what you want.


People are trying to understand what you are comparing. You made a statement of - 

"If you are already on Vivid 350, then V.VIP Vivid 500 is cheaper than you are paying now, even after the initial 12 months discount." 

That's clearly not just about what you are paying but you saying it generally to mean (I'm guessing VIP?) That the VVIP package is cheaper than VIP. It isn't. The base package of VVIP is £139 compared to that of VIP which is £129. Whatever add ons or discounts you personally have doesn't mean that VVIP is cheaper. I did question how much you were paying for VIP if you have found VVIP cheaper, you must have being paying more than you should have been. 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 263
  • 2
  • 18
roughbeast
Up to speed
904 Views
Message 45 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.

I give up!! I repeatedly clarified what I actually meant. I addressed your point about some Vivid 350 accounts being stand-alone and I pointed out what comparison I have really made, It was from my point of view. For people like me. This is a massive improvement.  

That is all I wish to say.

 

Location: Coventry Cab CV826
Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 947
  • 23
  • 140
shawty1984
Rising star
895 Views
Message 46 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.


@roughbeast wrote:

I give up!! I repeatedly clarified what I actually meant. I addressed your point about some Vivid 350 accounts being stand-alone and I pointed out what comparison I have really made, It was from my point of view. For people like me. This is a massive improvement.  

That is all I wish to say.

 


The point about 350 being standalone wasn't me. You made a point that VVIP was cheaper than presumably VIP which it isn't. People got confused because you generally addressed the forum that VVIP was cheaper. You clarified that you meant you personally which then I questioned how much you were paying for VIP if VVIP was cheaper at the non discounted price of £139. You didn't answer that. I don't expect an answer and I'm not trying to be rude but when you make statements such as this - 

"If you are already on Vivid 350, then V.VIP Vivid 500 is cheaper than you are paying now, even after the initial 12 months discount."

You have to expect people want a clear answer as to why you are saying something which isn't true. 

  • 166
  • 1
  • 16
fizzyade
Dialled in
726 Views
Message 47 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.

This is absolutely nuts, don’t need TV but would gladly pay for the 500Mbps service.  Come on virginmedia.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 81
  • 5
  • 11
Aaron2
Up to speed
724 Views
Message 48 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.


@fizzyade wrote:

This is absolutely nuts, don’t need TV but would gladly pay for the 500Mbps service.  Come on virginmedia.


It'll be exclusive until the novelty dies down then it will most likely be released as standalone. At the end of the day the technology they used and cost they spent to get this into premises for release needs to be recooperated, which is best done under this type of deal. It's understandable, despite infuirating

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 3.7K
  • 53
  • 847
CarlTSpeak
Community elder
687 Views
Message 49 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.

Selling this way is a good way of keeping the uptake down until they've a clearer idea of the capacity needs. 

500Mb could have been released once the networks hit 32 channels, probably even 24, but no competitive drive to do so. There still isn't really, though this is changing rapidly. 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 941
  • 45
  • 127
happywithmy350
Well-informed
592 Views
Message 50 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.


@brooksy79 wrote:
And I bet hyperoptic isn’t widely available in the uk so for a lot of people virgin is the only choice

I couldn't even get gfast in my area - so I had to go with a private circuit to get any decent upload

0 Kudos
Reply