Menu
jsaunders
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

500Mb/s upgrade not worked - Wrong configuration I think?

Hi, 

Today I should have been upgraded to 500Mb/s. I was on 350Mb/s before this. I'm currently getting between 360Mb/s-380Mbs which is exactly what I was getting before. Do these below mean that the config file needs updating, because that's what it looks like to me. I have restarted the Super Hub like 5 times now.

I'm struggling to get anyone on the text service to look at this properly, I was on hold with VM for 30 minutes and I gave up. The twitter account told me to write on here and someone would be able to sort this out.

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
cmreg-vmdg505-rtsxxl35016u-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID286414
Max Traffic Rate402500089
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Thanks,

Jamie 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500Mb/s upgrade not worked - Wrong configuration I think?

Have you made any config changes to your HUB?

It may be worth trying a full reset (Pin hole for at least 30 seconds, maybe 60), which sets the HUB to factory defaults, including pulling in a config file.

You can backup your current config under Admin/Reload and Reboot.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yes you are still on 350 - you could try a reset as you have tried restarts - dont think it will help but never a complete waste of time

how did you upgrade - why do you say it should happen today - if it was via the phone to retentions they usually push the config file then and there

if the reset does nothing then you will have to keep trying on the phone - pretty sure the staff here can do nothing

Tony
0 Kudos
jsaunders
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I've made quite a few changes. I much rather not do this. I was told that someone would be able to do it without me having to reset everything. Which should be the case anyway. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

deleted

Tony
0 Kudos
jsaunders
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

yes you are still on 350 - you could try a reset as you have tried restarts - dont think it will help but never a complete waste of time

how did you upgrade - why do you say it should happen today - if it was via the phone to retentions they usually push the config file then and there

if the reset does nothing then you will have to keep trying on the phone - pretty sure the staff here can do nothing

Good question! Well, they told me it was going to start the following month (I upgraded one month ago today). My contract start day is today and the e-mail also tells me my speed would be upgraded today. The other VM customer team said it should have already been upgraded last month. 

On top of all of this, My Virgin Media actually shows my old package still, but I can see my new contract. The whole thing is a mess. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

give it over night - if the config file is not sent then give them a ring tomorrow - never known them to delay it a month but i might have been tied into something you said - go to retentions if you can get them - they should send the file when you are on the phone - it should be instant and you should be able to check whilst on the phone

this used to work but not sure if things have changed

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
jsaunders
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't really expect to me waiting another 24 hours. I also tried calling them before, I can't get through to them at all.

I appreciate your help, but as I said before, I've already been down this road. I was specifically told that the staff would have access to my account and would be able to help me out. 

0 Kudos
jsaunders
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I decided to try my luck again, I only had to wait around 25 minutes this time. They've managed to do it for me. 

jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Officially it is "allow up to 24-48 hours", nearly every time I have had the HUB rebooted when just after the call ended and new Config downloaded.

0 Kudos