cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 to 40 meg after 1gig install.

Sielliott
Tuning in

I had 1gig installed yesterday after nothing but problems from Sky/ openreach but I am having problems with virgin now. In the first hour I was getting anything from a few meg to 370 but now I can’t get over 40 but upload is constantly at 50meg. I have tried factory reset of the hub a few time and power cycling as well. Any help would be appreciated cheers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When doing a speed test your IP is the VM one?

Test modem mode without the router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Might be time to reinstall your PC?

Testing by wire?

I have the vm in modem mode and cat 8 up to a tp link archer mr600 which does a speed test. 

Do you have a sim in it?

Setup a BQM
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Test PC in safe mode with networking

Yes it does. I have it set up as back up should the vm line go down. 

When doing a speed test your IP is the VM one?

Test modem mode without the router.

I see that your system has the Hub in modem mode.

However if you need to discover if the Hub's service is / is not the issue, with the Hub in Router mode the link below speed tests the Hub.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Have done this and still have the same results but thanks. At least I know now that it’s not my equipment. 

I have done a Sam knows best speed test and it really slow to the hub too. I have an engineer coming on Thursday so hopefully he can fix it. 

Hi Sielliott,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you aren't getting your expected speeds since your upgrade to 1gb.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see a technician has been arranged as advised, to view this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed, please let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards

Paul.