cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44mbps 😩

JT_55
Tuning in

Paying for 250 speed , only ever get 44ish , have done service status test, which says home network has a few problems, app test says intermittent signal issue ALL THE TIME, no matter when I run the test, can’t connect to hub3 on connect app, Twitter response from Virgin is just to come on here and ‘I’m positive the guys there can help’

 

8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JT_55

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, we certainly hope we can help from here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing these issues with your speeds, can I ask if you have been able to perform a wired speed test at all?

Thank you.

Hi Ashleigh no I haven’t done a wired test, am using Speedtest app, also connect app either can never find the hub or can’t connect going round in circles

999A63CB-8A2E-4361-ACB6-93BB0F89151F.png

 

7945035B-11A5-46F5-AEEB-7686F378378A.png

 

9437CF4E-0FC1-4727-BF54-7CA6E6C24522.png

 

5A43FFE2-A024-406A-9A77-C8F3AB63B980.jpeg

 

Good Morning @JT_55, thanks for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

Our automated systems have identified an issue which is affecting multiple customers in your area. This is likely to cause connectivity and performance issues. Our engineering teams have been automatically notified of the issue and will investigate and fix the issue as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and we hope it's resolved as soon as possible.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

thanks for that, I’ve always suspected it’s a Virgin network fault as it’s been going on for months! Meanwhile I’m paying for 250 speed! How will I be notified when this issue has been fixed? Will I get a refund for speed not as promised?

many thanks

Hi @JT_55

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I can see you've ordered a Hub 5 since posting and this should be with you in the next few days.

I've also ran a system check here and no issues are showing, all levels are fine. No issues with SNR (signal to noise ratio) or congestion.

Are you able to do a Wired speedtest at speedtest.co.uk or https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/ - the reason why we ask is this will show us if it's a broadband issue as a whole or just a WiFi one.

We wouldn't be able to refund I'm afraid but we are wanting to help fix this for you.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

cje85
Trouble shooter

A wired test is essential as it could be that your hub is receiving full speed, but the WiFi connection (on the 2.4Ghz band) will never get anywhere near that speed. 5Ghz WiFi should get better speeds and be able to reach 250Mbps on many devices.