cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 MBs on 500mbs package for weeks

Hkoczian1
Joining in

Hello guys, I’ve been having issues with my internet now going into the 4th week and I’m starting to reach the end of my patience. I’m on a 500 mbs package, worked fine until 4 weeks ago when the download speed won’t go over 40 mbs at off peak times on an Ethernet connection. During peak times it goes as low as 5-6 mbs. Had an engineer that came over, changed the hub but could not fix the issue, he had no idea what is the problem. Regardless of wired or wireless connection I’m getting the exact lousy speed. Customer service couldn’t help me either. What can I do to fix this?? Tia

432EA20D-3139-405E-932D-0371D3563763.png

3E2097CA-698B-4ED2-A52C-E61C4A5C4BC3.png

533A34ED-9B49-4854-A6D7-3A37A1DC9595.png

  

8B0AB110-7564-44DA-A204-6DC3BF3C7A9C.png

CCEF0976-EEEA-462C-9492-84941DE73F51.png

55307ABA-3CB1-43B8-AA68-6F4D6B2326B1.png

CDAC2CCA-337F-4F8A-B4F3-E05CACABF57F.png

4F4769EC-9A3C-4EE3-94CE-91D7C5479C21.png

27 REPLIES 27

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hkoczian1,

Welcome back to the page and I'm sorry to see the issues you are facing.

From taking a look into the account I can see that the speed issue is still present.

I can also see the routers uptime is 15+ days, I understand that this may not resolve the issue completely however I'd always advise a reboot for 1/2 minutes when facing issues such as slow speeds.

Let us know when you have rebooted the hub and we can take another look at the results via SamKnows

Thanks,​​​​​​

Kain

Hello yes the problem still persists. I will restart the router but don’t think it would have any effect as 15 days ago was reset for the exact issue and no change since then. I honestly believe that the issue is outside from the box to the house 

Hi Hkoczian1 thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear your internet speeds issue is ongoing.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee, I’ve just replied to your PM with all the info. Thanks

I am sorry you feel the way that you do, but understand your reasons.  As per our complaints code of practice, would you like me to escalate this to a manager? 

Regards

Lee

That would be great if you can do that hopefully it will speed things up a bit. I also have a complaint regarding this with ofcom, done through one of your colleagues. Reference KMM85158511V55046L0KM. It should be on the account. They are meant to contact me by the 7th of January and I’ll see how it goes then. Not being funny but all I want is for my internet to work as intended and as promised when it was sold to me. I have no alternative on my street so don’t want to leave you guys but seeing it’s a renewal with more than 16 months left on it you guys have to sort this out or provide proper compensation until the issue is fixed. Thanks a lot for your involvement Lee. 

Hi @Hkoczian1.

A quick update for you on your speed issue - I can see a technician was out yesterday and has confirmed the issue is affecting multiple customers and is being investigated. I can also see the area is having some utilisation issues so I will get onto the network team. I have also escalated your complaint. I'll keep you posted on any updates or if we need to bring you into private messaging. 

Thanks,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello and thanks. Yes we had a technician that came yesterday checked and changed the indoor cable and he said it’s an issue on the network. Funny enough today I saw your network technician at the cabinet on the street and according to him all his tests came back good. He was getting 1.2ghz when he tested at the cabinet. He reckons it’s either an issue on the account with certain parameters that have been overlooked or from the cabinet to the house cable.And it might need re-routing. I appreciate that you guys are trying to help. It’s already been nearly 2 months and it’s very frustrating as we can’t even stream Netflix properly, not mention that if someone is using a device online and 2nd device it’s unusable because it lags and slows down so bad.