cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360Mbps fastest

pietre252
Joining in

Fastest speed using Samknows is 360Mbps. Minimum is meant to be 500Mbps. Been trying for 4 days and no faster. This is speed to hub, so no variance due to any devices. Virgin reply was to raise issue with Ofcom for speed failure below minimum. How does that help get what I am billed for?

32 REPLIES 32

This is now getting totally ridiculous. To keep it short. I spoke to a gentlemen this morning who listened and acted upon what we thought was going to work. He would keep an eye on the Field Team report and get back to me. 
So next part in the saga. The package was reduced to M500 and would decide later on progress after the Field Test. So I have just had a scare seeing a large orange mass in my forecourt. A Field Team engineer was there checking my cabling and signal strength. 1Gig, well 900 Mbps into my house. So when I asked for the hub to be swapped, and was ignored, I now need another hub!!!!!!

You really could not make this up, unless it was an advert for Sky showing up the opposition!

For clarity. I asked the technician who visited last week to swap over the hubs, but as he found no signal to the cabinet he decided not to swap the hub to confirm. 

For clarity. I asked the technician who visited last week to swap over the hubs, but as he found no signal to the cabinet he decided not to swap the hub to confirm. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pietre252, thanks for keeping us posted - apologies for the confusion and frustrating experience trying to get this resolved.

I've taken a look into it today using your forum info, and can see the Hub 4 is up & running now - so I hope things are sorted?

If not please let us know and we'll do all we can to help further.

Tom

So now I am confused. I still have the same issues. I can only receive 373Mbps to Hub4. I am awaiting an engineer to visit to swap out the Hub 4 as there is 970Mbps to the house. I now also have C133 on my Tivo box, and when I try calling 150 to get it sorted, and check on visit to replace Hub 4 all I get is to try later as all agents are busy. 
You really could not make this up. If this was an advert for how to lose customers it would be an absolute hit!!

No engineer contact about booked visit to replace Hub4. Waited all day. Booking made by Customer Service/Accounts. No advice as to when replacement is now to be done. Still issues with low speed. Am now looking into contacting Ofcom myself. 

Hi pietre252, thanks for posting on the forums. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the connection since posting? Has an engineer now been booked? Can you confirm if you have been able to do a fault test via the online account and if it has allowed an engineer to be booked?. ^Chris

Fault is still present. Signal into house checked by Field Team and confirmed as 970Mbps. Meant to have been replaced on Thursday but no one attended. After more calls and more discussions visit is booked for Monday 8am to Midday to swap Hub4 and test signal strength.
To say disappointed is an understatement. The lack of service and the need to chase constantly, and even to have to tell the Tech support how SamKnows works is a major shortfall on training. I have now raised a complaint with Ofcom, and the service shortfall has already been passed to Ofcom by Virgins own analytics. 

The only thing Virgin seem able to do is increase my bill and take money from my bank. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How did the Field Engineer show you 970 mb to house? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Using a Viavi signal strength meter. I use Viavi on 32GB FC  networks do know how reliable and accurate they are. The first technician took my hub to the cabinet and said there was hardware for 1Gbit but nothing supplied to cabinet. Field Engineer took the readings from the external box for cables into the house. I asked to watch him and he verified what I saw.