cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

309Mbps average on M600

ewhitey
Superfast

As above - We're on M600 and after 263 Ookla Speedtests, we have an average of 309Mbps.

I've done everything I know how to including trying new ethernet cables and going from Cat 6 to Cat 7 with no change. Also noted that I had the Super Hub3 in modem mode with three DECOs and had the same numbers but no virtually no wifi issues but now system is monitored we're back to router mode and now even the wifi is dropping with the Deco connections! I also play COD Warzone and the ping for that is an average of 80 maybe but sometimes ranges from 60 to around 140. My PC is also running slow and it's like going back to the eighties when downloading a webpage. I've tried both Cat 6 and 7 direct from Router to PC and Router to PS4Pro and both have similar results in the speed tests.

This has been going on for at least 3 weeks now and I finally called VM about 5 days ago. After the usual plugs, checks, unplugs and reboots, they said they couldn't see an issue and would monitor for 7 days. I've been running a BQM since, as I'm not sure if VM are actually doing anything...Can anyone help?

My BQM as it is presently... 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a971f5e467c3fefa6d4a35ca0e78a34accd4a3e4

43 REPLIES 43

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

Hi there, I take it you are on windows 10? If so then telling you to update the driver will do no good and here is why.....

"Because the Intel(r) Ethernet Connection 82567 product family is not capable of receiving WHQL certifications in Windows10 (due to missing features in the integrated MAC + external PHY), the driver is only available as part of the native OS release (also known as an "inbox driver"). The last supported OS with a full download from Intel for this device is Windows 8 (for 82567LM, 82567LF and 82567V) and Windows 2012 (for the 82567LM).There are no drivers for the 82567 family available from Intel Download Center for Windows 8.1 or later (for client) nor Windows 2012 R2 or later (for server OSes). Driver updates for those newer OSes will come from the operating system vendor."

Would it be possible to use snipping tool or something similar to give me a screenshot of what you see when you click "properties" on the Network adapter?

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength
The alternative to that is to get a physical PCIe interface card of a more current generation and plug it into your pc(if you have spare pci slots). If you do that you would have to disable the integrated network inteface that you are currently plugged into (you do this in the bios) but at least you would be able to get up to date drivers and it may solve your speed problems without waiting 30 days.

Here you go 🙂  Here you go ;)Here you go 😉

To be honest that's all well beyond me but are you saying my pc is the issue...I also had slow connection on my PS4 as well?

I've just done two Thinkbroadband speedtests and the results were: 

28-07-2021 22:54:43 (GMT)48.9 Mbps23.8 Mbps  
28-07-2021 22:42:56 (GMT)52.6 Mbps41.3 Mbps 

!!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ewhitey wrote:

Also, I cant find a setting for 1000gb/s in DevMgr - Whay is shown is this (Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection) Properties doesn't show any option for changing gb/s???

Sorry this is all new to me!!!

The picture below shows you where you can access the modem  speed and duplex settings from device manager.

There is a drop down box on the right hand side under the Value heading where you can change the settings if necessary. 

Also if Samknows real speed test isn't working it's either because you haven't got a hub4, or your hub3 hasn't yet been updated to use that test (my hub3 can't run it yet either. Try using https://speedtest.samknows.com/  instead.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your support - Spot on 😉

So here's my results - I ran 3 speed tests here (https://speedtest.samknows.com/) for every setting to give a better overview. This is also my most recent BQM graph which looks different: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/6225a98c8976df806233dc706b8a1182220d4551-29-07-2021

The numbers below don't appear to show much difference regardless of PC settings but again, I have issues on the PS4 as well and that's a different cable!

Q. Will these tests we're doing affect the VM 30 day monitoring - I don't want to get to 30 days then they say sorry inconclusive cos you messed about with your settings lol? 

Hub 3 single cable to PC (netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and network card set to 1000gb/s

Latency 22.2 ms    Jitter    4.20 ms   Download   122 Mbps   Upload    42.0 Mbps

Latency   21.4 ms   Jitter   3.40 ms   Download    156 Mbps   Upload     42.6 Mbps

Latency   19.9 ms   Jitter   2.90 ms   Download    156 Mbps   Upload     44.6 Mbps

Hub 3 single cable to PC with netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal and network card set to 1000gb/s

Latency   19.6 ms    Jitter   2.60 ms   Download    123 Mbps    Upload   42.3 Mbps  

Latency   21.1 ms    Jitter   2.10 ms   Download     275 Mbps    Upload    42.9 Mbps

Latency   21.2 ms    Jitter   3.20 ms   Download     277 Mbps    Upload    43.3 Mbps

Speed & Duplex set to Auto Negotiation (original setting)

Latency   20.5 ms   Jitter   2.50 ms   Download   205 Mbps    Upload   42.5 Mbps

Latency   19.6 ms   Jitter   1.60 ms   Download    90.2 Mbps   Upload    40.1 Mbps

Latency   21.3 ms   Jitter   2.30 ms   Download    276 Mbps    Upload    43.5 Mbps

Speed & Duplex set to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex

Latency   19.4 ms   Jitter   1.40 ms    Download   270 Mbps   Upload   42.9 Mbps

Latency   22.1 ms   Jitter   4.10 ms   Download     120 Mbps   Upload    42.3 Mbps

Latency   19.8 ms   Jitter   1.80 ms   Download     271 Mbps   Upload    41.2 Mbps

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Monitoring the connection would be the next suggestion anyway. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi 😉
So will these tests we're doing affect the VM 30 day monitoring and any ideas as to what the issue might be?
Also why 30 days?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

They won't effects the the 30 days monitoring. 

We require 30 days of monitoring so that we can gain an average over that period of time, if we are not providing the speeds then the option would be for you to leave your contract without penalty. 

The next thing I would suggest is having a bash at, is to perform a loopback test on the hub, disconnect everything that is connected via Ethernet cable, take both ends of one Ethernet cable and plug both ends into the hub, can you please let me know if the ports on the back stay illuminated.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi and thanks again 😉

I did the test and tested all ports and all remained illuminated when plug into each other.

Thanks for your help and I'm hoping they fix it as I don't really want to leave!!!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Do keep us updated with how things go.

Kind regards,

Zak_M