cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

309Mbps average on M600

ewhitey
Superfast

As above - We're on M600 and after 263 Ookla Speedtests, we have an average of 309Mbps.

I've done everything I know how to including trying new ethernet cables and going from Cat 6 to Cat 7 with no change. Also noted that I had the Super Hub3 in modem mode with three DECOs and had the same numbers but no virtually no wifi issues but now system is monitored we're back to router mode and now even the wifi is dropping with the Deco connections! I also play COD Warzone and the ping for that is an average of 80 maybe but sometimes ranges from 60 to around 140. My PC is also running slow and it's like going back to the eighties when downloading a webpage. I've tried both Cat 6 and 7 direct from Router to PC and Router to PS4Pro and both have similar results in the speed tests.

This has been going on for at least 3 weeks now and I finally called VM about 5 days ago. After the usual plugs, checks, unplugs and reboots, they said they couldn't see an issue and would monitor for 7 days. I've been running a BQM since, as I'm not sure if VM are actually doing anything...Can anyone help?

My BQM as it is presently... 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a971f5e467c3fefa6d4a35ca0e78a34accd4a3e4

43 REPLIES 43

Hi 😉
My PC IP is same as the BQM so no change since set up and the Decos are in Access Mode with Hub in Router Mode.

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID 375946
Max Traffic Rate 690000278
Max Traffic Burst 42600
Min Traffic Rate 0

Is that OK?

Thinkbroadband shows thsi (Incase relevant?)...
"You are connecting to us using IPv4
Your IP address is: xxxxxxx (cpcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcable.virginm.net)
This means that either your operating system, broadband router or your service provider isn't IPv6 enabled."
I'm assuming no IPv6 is normal although no idea what it is!!!?

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ewhitey,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forum. I am sorry that you're experiencing slow speeds with your broadband service.

I've been able to access your account using your Forum details, and I'm afraid that I can't see any issues on your account. All of your power levels look within specification, and there aren't any known issues or outages in your area. Do you have a spare Ethernet cable that you could use, just to confirm that this isn't causing any interference with your speed test?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi Laurie and thanks for that welcome 😉

I've actually tried three different ethernet cables - The original Cat6a from PC and PS4 Pro to router and also another Cat 6a and Cat 7 as well. The Cat 6a  cables are round cables and the Cat7 is a flat one. One Cat 6 is almost new and the Cat 7 is brand new. During testing with the spare cables without restriction as they just run free from router to PC etc from room across floor.

My Thinkbroadband Speedtests from today are:

Date/Time Avg Down Avg Up Provider
27-07-2021 13:31:16 (GMT) 210.5 Mbps 39.4 Mbps Virgin Media
27-07-2021 13:24:12 (GMT) 214.5 Mbps 42.0 Mbps Virgin Media
26-07-2021 22:09:12 (GMT) 222.7 Mbps 39.4 Mbps Virgin Media

Thanks 😉

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

Hi, try this. On your pc "Open a cmd window using admin privileges and at the command prompt type "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled" without the quotation marks and hit enter. Then do a Samknows/Realspeed test but keep the command window handy. You will get the same speed to the hub but an even more reduced speed Hub4 to computer. Open the the command window again and at the command prompt type "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal" again without the quote marks and hit enter. Then go back and re-run the Samknows/Realspeed test."

Clear your cache (not cookies) between netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

This advice is for the pc only and make sure your network interface card is set to 1000gb/s in device manager.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi.

Cmd with privileges as requested
C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
Ok.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Samknows/Realspeed test showing as No router found - Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Virgin Media Hub. The Virgin Media Hub must also be on router mode.

Router is on and connected to PC via single cable and Hub in router mode!

N3m3sis1
On our wavelength

Go to the command window again (with admin) and type netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal - Do this first.

You should get an okay again. The funny thing with Samknows is that I got that "no router found" when I first used it a couple of times.

Put your hub back in router mode then whip out the power for 20 seconds then put it back in. Wait until the hub is fully booted up then try

samknows again.

Hi ewhitey,

Just wanted to see if you've been able to try what N3m3sis1 suggested?

Alex_Rm

Hi there 😉

Apologies for the late reply.
As requested typed netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal and got OK ( I didn't do the "Disabled" bit on cmd prompt).

Powered off 20 secs and rebooted. Ran Samknows and got this: "Your SamKnows enabled device is offline
Please check your SamKnows enabled device is turned on and connected to the internet." ???

NB: You said before to "Clear your cache (not cookies) between netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal"...and... "This advice is for the pc only and make sure your network interface card is set to 1000gb/s in device manager."

How do i clear the cache - Not sure what that is?

Also, I cant find a setting for 1000gb/s in DevMgr - Whay is shown is this (Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection) Properties doesn't show any option for changing gb/s???

Sorry this is all new to me!!!

NOTE TO ALL: I contacted VM regards the issue and they've accepted that my speed is less than acceptable and have initiated a 30 day monitoring thing. If you can still help that would be appreciated but i'm not sure if that would interfere with their monitoring - Thanks so far and I look forward to your replies 😉