cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30% Packet loss during Murry Match

Eeeps
Well-informed

I'm on the 600Mb/s service.

My Internet became unusable last night between 19:30 and 22:30.
This seems to coincide with the BBC coverage of the Murry - Otte match.

30% Packet Loss30% Packet Loss

I wasn't watching the match at the time so can only presume my local network was not coping with the demand.
Whilst I can expect some slowdown during these types of events, this level of service is unacceptable as I could hardly use the Internet at all.

Anyone else see this problem last night?

Can VM check if my segment is oversubscribed?

4 REPLIES 4

NelsonNicole
Joining in

Packet Loss is a anonmaly that happens quite Often in Local Networks  was only able to account for 30 Mbps out of 100 Mbps! The interface had failed  Ensure that duplex settings match on devices (or just leave it on Auto).

@NelsonNicole wrote:

Packet Loss is a anonmaly that happens quite Often in Local Networks  was only able to account for 30 Mbps out of 100 Mbps! The interface had failed  Ensure that duplex settings match on devices (or just leave it on Auto).

Thanks for the reply.

I have my SH3 in modem mode so the BQM is showing packet loss to my router. The timing of this period of severe packet loss is the interesting thing.

Thanks for the info i will try to figure it out for more.

dgcustomerfirst

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Eeeps wrote:

<snip>

so the BQM is showing packet loss to my router. The timing of this period of severe packet loss is the interesting thing.

Your BQM has a lot of red "fringing" and there is more than just the Murry match affecting your circuit.  Can you post your Power levels, Network log and Pre and PostRS errors?  We can then comment further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks