cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

23-27mbps when paying for 100mbps

sez1
Tuning in

Hi

I have a rental house with 4 tenants, had Virgin 3 years ago and had no issue, only left due to the price going up. Returned as a customer in June, have 100mbps package but the speed has been getting worse since installed and currently the tenants are only getting between 23-27mbps.

I have phoned several times, the box has been rebooted and reset several times, each time it gets worse. Virgin's solution is that I pay more and upgrade to 350mbps package which I obviously do not want to do. The previous provider was Utility Warehouse, on 80mbps and went through the openreach cabinet instead of fibre to the property so i am baffled as to what is wrong. Virgin are not being helpful so have had to raise a complaint to see if they will send out a technician to rectify the issue. I don't remember seeing anything on their website with regards to how many devices can be connected successfully for each package. How can it work 3 years ago and not now? Anyone else have this issue and if yes what was the solution? I am keen to get this sorted for my tenants, purchased a booster but it hasn't helped, i guess if the speed isn't getting in the house it has nothing to send on. 

Please help I am desperate!!

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Hi sez1 thanks for coming back to us and giving an update.

I hope the service is continuing to improve for your tenants.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R