cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200mbs speeds extremely slow

Staceymac
Joining in

For the last few weeks we have been struggling to use WiFi, Web pages take 4 or 5 minutes to load, streaming videos results in constant buffering and gaming has been impossible. 

I've run through all the standard tests and nothing has helped. I can't connect anything via a cable as nothing is close enough to do so. I have checked my BQM this morning and noticed that it has been a solid block of red since 15th October until early this morning. Weirdly since the BQM has started showing more normal results the WiFi has become even more slow.

We're currently having to use my mobile data as a WiFi hotspot just to get anything done. I have added a link to my BQM. Please can anyone advise anything that is not the standard "tricks" that never work.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b3688dca2abff638bfd682e83a09f02fe257fd27
2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ok - first thing to check is, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

There will be different pathways to solving the issue dependent on whether it is wifi related or a network connection problem - BQM loos ok since it came back on.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Staceymac,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. How has things been since your post?
I have run a remote diagnostic and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection.
We can also provide online broadband help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/broadband
Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C