cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200mb upgrade but only getting 35-50mb

haworthwhite
Tuning in
I recently got the upgrade to the 200mb broadband speeds (I was previously on 50mb)

Since the upgrade I am not receiving any increased speed. Download between 35-50mb and upload less than 3mb

Have reset the router but no change, whilst diagnostics says everything is OK.

Any help would be appreciated
32 REPLIES 32

This should be titled "just when you thought it couldn't get any worse" 

An engineer has just visited- we explained the situation, and with a smile said he new EXACTLY was was wrong... he said  "they activated your new service AS the old one, so your'e simply getting the same speed as your old service..happens all the time, dum dee dumm, (twiddles around a bit with cables)

He said I would need a new router and fitted it, and activated it.. "there you go, average speed 170Mbps, upload speed 17Mbs, your all set to go"

"great" I said, and settled down to read the news...

"i'll just run a quick speed test, and see how fast it goes now" .     .....................................................   21Mbps........................ "**bleep**" (picks phone up), "hello?"

Graham

I have recently been upgraded to 200mb but only getting 50-60mb on speed tests , at differing times of the day. Never getting into three figures.

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi royhib,

Just to let you know I have replied to your message here.

Thanks

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide