cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200Mb lag spikes, packet loss and disconnection

seppy15
Joining in

Hi,

I have been having issues with my Broadband since September in the form of major packet loss up to 100% and lag (ping spikes). This is evident in discord which shows my packet loss and signal dropping out. I also cannot connect to online service in various games on my PC. I cannot make calls through wifi calling on my work mobile. This happens at various times throughout the day for anywhere between 15 mins to 2 or 3 hours. I have been tracking this on BQM and it is evident there is an issue with packet loss and ping spikes. I have called customer services a dozen times to try and resolve the issue and been told it is an issue in the area every single time. I had an an engineer out who told me it was a network issue and would be resolved on the 7th October. I have raised complaints with customer service who have closed the complaints after I hang up the phone. I am still getting problems and if I could get more than 50mb broadband with another provider in my area I would have cancelled last month. I really would just like to get the 200mb service that I upgraded to and have been paying for for the past 3 months. I have never had issues in the previous 15 year that I have been a broadband customer of Virgin media/telewest. This is a last resort for some assistance before cancelling.

3 REPLIES 3

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @seppy15

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing service issues, I appreciate how frustrating this must be and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I've managed to locate your account from your profile information, and I can see there is an area issue currently impacting service. 

This may cause intermittent connections with your services, there is an engineer on their way to site to get this resolved and the current estimated fix time is 25/11/21 at 13.00. 

If you find the issues persist after the area issue has been resolved, please let us know and we'll run further diagnostics for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

• Hi @sofia_b.

Thanks for your response. I have been told the same thing since the start of September that there is an area issue. I fail to believe that after almost 3 months the engineers are unable to locate and resolve a network issue.

I have raised 2 complaints regarding this (both closed without a resolution) as I do not find it acceptable to be paying full price for a service which has been unusable over a 3 month period.

I would like some form of refund for my service or I will have no choice but to look for a more stable service elsewhere

regards

Seppy15

Hi Seppy15, 

Thanks for coming back to us and we can only apologise for the frustration. 

Some faults are more complex so can take a while to resolve I'm afraid. It looks as though this fault has once again been extended. 

The new estimated fix time is: 01 DEC 2021 at 13:00. 

We're not able to provide credit from here I'm afraid so if you would like to discuss this further, you would need to speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 for them to take a look at things further. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs