Menu
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200 GAMER WAS TAKEN OFF BY MISTAKE

@XeonJa wrote:
My last post was the last call I had with Virgin, nothing has been done since to resolve the issue.
Every time I have tried to call I don't get put through to anyone who will listen or can actually help, which is why I came to the forum to so if there is a resolution or if anyone has any similar situation.

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (or 0800 9528046)  - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [08.01 is best!]) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are thinking of cancelling and moving to Sky/BT because of these problems - and they will try and sort it for you (as it’s their job to keep customers).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
XeonJa
Joining in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My point is that I wouldn't have lost the gamer package perks if someone from the upgrades department hadn't taken me off without me agreeing to anything and was told over the phone I was still on the gamer package. I was still contracted to be on that package and you (Virgin Media) broken that contract and I'm paying the price (In terms of slower download speeds and half the upload transfer rate)
I can understand changing terms of contract if it to be an upgrade but I have been downgraded.

I have done a complete reset on the hub back to default and removed all devices, reconnected under new wifi name and password and checked ethernet cable continuity. Even now doing a speed test on a wired connection I'm not getting anywhere near 200 where it's stated 'average download Speed Peak (8pm-10pm) is 207.4 Mbps'. I would expect to get something closer to this during these hours than what I'm currently receiving.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi XeonJa

I appreciate you letting us know about the package that was removed without your consent.

I'd like to take a look into this to see if we can support further.

For me to do so can you please pop back to my PM that you can find in the envelope on  the top right.

Cheers and speak soon.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"