Menu
rcybergoth
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

20 year old virgin cable capable of delivering 350 mb

Just had a brand new installation.The external cable is about 20 years old.New TiVo 6 boxes installed.But and no surprise to me, neither of them work.The installation engineer suggested it was a local service problem.I think not!!!.Appalling customer service .He suggested I keep the boxes on and that the problem may and I repeat may be sorted within 48 hours.At least the router works but again now where at to 350 mbs.To leave me with no television service and to ask me if that was alright?That in itself speaks volumes about the expected customer experience.You just crack on with the rest of your installations.That way you will only have one complaint rather than 3 or 4.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 20 year old virgin cable capable of delivering 350 mb

Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [early is best!]) you will get a UK call centre - tell them you will cancel this contract within your penalty free 14 day period unless it is working and sorted to your satisfaction by April n (your day 12).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, there.

Welcome to our Community Forum Page. Sorry to hear about your connection issues. Were you able to speak to our team since your last post? Let us know how it goes, so we can assist you further.

Geraldine_C

0 Kudos
Gary333
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's poor that he didn't tell you what the problem is and when it would be fixed. However, just to reassure you a 20 year old cable should be no different from a brand new cable in terms of it being able to deliver your service (so as long as it's not been damaged in the ground). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Gary333 as for the 20 year old cable if the signal modulation is all within spec no reason to replace it with a similar cable, if the cable needed to be replaced could take weeks since can become a bigger job

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Gary333
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@paultechy wrote:
@Gary333as for the 20 year old cable if the signal modulation is all within spec no reason to replace it with a similar cable, if the cable needed to be replaced could take weeks since can become a bigger job

I think you might have quoted the wrong person as this is the point I was making 🙂

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ohh yeah so i have oops that was for @rcybergoth

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos