cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 Mbps instead of 200. And dropouts!

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Had more than 3 months of poor slow speeds and scores of dropouts per day. Finally called and an engineer visited. Checked all connections. And failed to rectify the problem. Many calls later to “call centre no” and no luck. No offers of help or compensation. 

My contract ended 2 months ago. Which includes tv and phone. TV I haven’t watched in 7 months. I also have Sky tv. 

maybe it’s time to leave Virgin. 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi MAGHA, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear things are still ongoing for you. 

Taking a look at the account, it looks as though some of the downstream power levels are slightly to high. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

MAGHA
On our wavelength

I already had an engineer visit. He was useless. He couldn’t even find the right wires from where they came into my house. 
he confused my Sky satellite system wires for Virgin wires. 
He didn’t bother to check the number of dropouts etc with your office or using his own equipment. 
The fault probably lies in the box in the road across the street. That’s where the problem was the last time. 

Hi MAGHA,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. I have noted on the visit that the cabinet should be checked too.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

MAGHA
On our wavelength

1B832444-9914-4B7E-855C-6D1A83E9F674.png

Hi MAGHA,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues, how are things now, how did the technician visit go?

Regards

Paul.

MAGHA
On our wavelength

I give up. You win. 
Your company has failed to listen to my issues in more than 16 calls and two visits from people who know nothing. 

dealing with your call centre has been the worst experience of my life

bye bye

going to switch and close my account with you. You lose £67/month from me. Which I was paying for next to receiving nothing. 

MAGHA
On our wavelength

5AE6DD10-647C-4108-AEDA-F287049AF333.jpeg

Look at the high latency and dropouts! Fix needed. It’s been 5 months now.  

Hi MAGHA, 

Thanks for coming back and updating us. We're really sorry to hear you are having continued issues with your connection.

Checking our systems, I can see that there is now an open fault open that is affecting you. This was raised a few days ago with our Networks team. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009604155
  • Estimated fix time: 04 FEB 2022 09:00
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Thanks. I have been without internet most of the last few days. My contract with you was up months ago and I was today about to cancel and switch to BT!!!

we literally have no broadband now. And 4 of us work from home.