cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 Mbps instead of 200. And dropouts!

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Had more than 3 months of poor slow speeds and scores of dropouts per day. Finally called and an engineer visited. Checked all connections. And failed to rectify the problem. Many calls later to “call centre no” and no luck. No offers of help or compensation. 

My contract ended 2 months ago. Which includes tv and phone. TV I haven’t watched in 7 months. I also have Sky tv. 

maybe it’s time to leave Virgin. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi MAGHA,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. I have noted on the visit that the cabinet should be checked too.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What did the tech have to say say about the connection?

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

Finally, why are you paying for both VM and Sky TV?

If you ar out of contract you are in a good place to leave or to renegotiate your package to remove VM TV at least

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, MAGHA,

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing broadband issues. Are you able to confirm if this was happening on wired or wireless connections? What did the technician advise on the visit, regarding the problem?

Regarding the ending of your contract you are welcome to speak with our retentions team regarding newer offers.

Cheers,

Corey C

MAGHA
On our wavelength

23CC614B-1A56-4359-9D22-C4311207ACBA.jpeg

AAAF6C4D-B908-4E54-8A47-753A046C7BB5.jpeg

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Hi. The engineer could not find any faults. 
I have sky because virgin doesn’t give me the Asian channels I want. 

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Who uses an Ethernet? Able when working from home or for leisure. I use WiFi. 

the last time I had issues the engineer fiddled with the main box in the street and adjusted my settings. All good. This engineer couldn’t even locate my cables and confused the sky ones for my virgin ones. 

why would I want to negotiate a new deal. The service I am getting is very poor. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I use Ethernet for everything I can. WiFi only for portable devices. 
If VM is so bad why don’t you vote with your feet and leave? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MAGHA
On our wavelength

That’s for me to decide and it’s not that easy. But thanks for your awesome insight. 

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Hello. Anybody from Virgin want to take up and deal with my problem?

Your Twitter account asked me to post here. And so far nothing from you. 

@MAGHA wrote:

Hello. Anybody from Virgin want to take up and deal with my problem?

It would seem not, and actually we still don't know what the problem is.

Have you tried connecting something to the Hub via ethernet and seeing if that has the same issue (if necessary get yourself a cheap gigabit capable USB-C ethernet adapter for your Macbook)? If the same thing happens on a hard wired connection then it's likely to be a connectivity issue and we'll then ask you to get and post up the stats from the hub to see if they reveal anything, otherwise it's a wifi issue and that's a whole different ballgame.