Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

2 years of appalling service since I joined and now significantly worse. any suggestions?

The system went down again. This is 6 times in 4 weeks, often for days at a time. It is unacceptable. It rules out tv, phone and internet. Regrettably, my mobile is also virgin-based so that limps along as well... The system was fairly useless before covid lockdown with numerous glitches and a very poor connection speed-  and now the strain of providing a reliable service during a crisis is demonstrating that Virgin's proffered "explanations" and promises of a better service over the last few years were simply vaccilation and deceit. I welcome feedback and appropriate refunds for the general failure that has been ongoing almost since I adopted the service. I have registered complaint after complaint and Virgin have responded with vagueness or haughtiness as well as a complete inability to keep accurate records of previous conversations. I believe it is time for them to get their act together. Simply exhausting.  Prof Tim Wilson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2 years of appalling service since I joined and now significantly worse. any suggestions?

There’s a national outage at the moment.

It’ll likely be on and off for a while. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 years of appalling service since I joined and now significantly worse. any suggestions?

I understand the issue of a national outage (specific to virgin or across all providers?), but my appalling service has been going on for 2 years. It has now got significantly worse, dropping out at least every week for a day or more at a time. It seems astonishing that a company can take payment for this sort of service for 2 years and keep up the pretence that it will improve when Openreach fixes the cabling- but of course that has never quite happened and now we are in a crisis and lockdown when the system is required even more.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

(specific to virgin or across all providers?)
up for debate depending on who you ask 😛

pretence that it will improve when Openreach fixes the cabling

what does openreach have to do with anything here?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I would love to hear of others who are in this situation, either with an ongoing service that has been substandard since installation or who are experiencing outages at the moment because of the "national outage" -how often and for what length of time? Please contact and provide details if you can.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I am told by various Virgin agents with whom I have spoken that Openreach and BT have provided the initial poor quality cabling and that virgin simple fix their cables to that and deliver the service to the door. I can literally see the green connection box from my front door.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

We’re not aware of your 2 years of issues since you’ve only joined and posted today.

And what does Openreach have to do with Virgins core?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

**bleep**.
VM use there own network they so not use any of BT/Openreach network

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

LOL Virgin use their own cabling and infrastructure not Openreach’s

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

then that simple doubles the deceit that has been peddled to me over the years. I am astonished. very happy to go public with this in fact.

0 Kudos