cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gig volt upgrade cannot use realspeed check

ZinG
Dialled in

My hub4 arrived Monday via yod'hell' switched the hubs over and within 15 minutes or so the hub reconfigured itself for 1gig

Speeds seem good however one issue and I am running in router mode and cannot use the samknows realspeed it reports

Please check your SamKnows enabled device is turned on and connected to the internet."

I messaged samknows and they say there is nothing they can do and to contact virgin regarding this, some might say why worry about it? Well it seems one of the first things asked on here is have you run a realspeed test if you get problems as well as run a bqm (I do)

Well I have had issues with the connection in the past and like to check it. Can someone from VM please look into this and sort it out?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

elmiperru
Joining in

I was trying to check my speeds after upgrading to bolt and the new router and I have exactly the same problem with samknows.
I have not managed to get any speed faster than 555MB, which was the top speed in my previous contract. 

Sounds like you have not had the speed upgrade applied yet. Has your upload increased? Should be 50mb now not 40mb.

When I changed the hub it was still at my old speed for the first quarter of an hour or so then I got a text come through on my phone and the router reset and been 1gig ever since

jonnymc4
On our wavelength

I was upgraded on Friday and still can't access Realspeed either as my speeds are low through my ethernet connection (no greater than 500 Mbps). I contacted Samknows but they just said as the equipment is Virgin's they won't access my Hub 4.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just test on a browser at...

https://speedtest.samknows.com/

See what that gets

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi all, 

I'm sorry to hear you're all having an issue trying to access the realspeed test via SamKnows. 

Since posting how have things been? Have you been able to access the speed test check? If not, are you able to access it via the browser URL that jbrennand posted? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All working for myself there was another post and that was replied too.

Hub4 realspeed check now works

That's great to hear and thank you for letting us know @ZinG

If you do need any further assistance please let us know and we will do all we can to assist. 

Thank you.