cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gig fibre

Sluggy7971
Joining in

Hi there ANY ADVICE PLEASE..I was on the 500mg package and recently upgraded to the 1 gig fibre..after phoning virgin to upgrade and being told numerous things about restarting the hub RESETTING the hub 4 MY issue is I've contacted my ps5 and xbox series x via ethernet direct to hub and speed checked its coming back 

900-1100 mbps download and between 20-40 upload although I was told it would be around 50-55 upload speed..now I know WIFI is a separate issue but doing speed test on my phone it's around 400-500 mbps..strange thing is I was getting this speed when I was on the lower 500 package I assumed it would be higher..contacted virgin all I get is all looks good our end ..should it not be pumping out more upload and certainly more over WIFI and the hub is in the open and not moved ...please advise...thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hub 4 does not have the latest WiFi 6 so won't go any higher over WiFi 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Sluggy7971 wrote:

now I know WIFI is a separate issue...

It was born to be a issue.

If you think you can do better get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sluggy7971,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am glad to hear you are experiencing such great speeds via a wired connection but sorry to hear there have been some disappointment with upload speeds and WiFi. 

I would like to have a look from my side but I am having trouble reaching the equipment. This would suggest that it is powered off at the moment so can you please pop a post on the thread when it is back on and we will take a look 🙂

Thanks 

Nat