cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gbit upload Modulation stats. Do I need another engineer visit ?

snozski
Up to speed

Hi 

I posted about this a while back,  my upload channels are always out of spec on my line, from what I've read they should be 64QAM ?   Mine are constantly at either 32 or 16,  if all 32 I can get 54mbit as advertised but when it drops to 16 I cant (seems better at night)  

I had an engineer come out already on this and to be frank, he did nothing, he unplugged and replugged the cable in he swapped the hub 4 router with a new one and that was it ?   He kept telling me my wifi is amazing the best he ever saw however I never complained about wifi speeds I clearly stated I was not getting the upload speeds I should and my latency can be all over place>

He honestly gave me the impression he did not have much clue outside of cabling. 

Please see line stats as they are at the moment : 

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

15370000043.55120 KSym/sec32QAM2
26030000044.35120 KSym/sec32QAM1
33940000042.85120 KSym/sec32QAM4
446200000435120 KSym/sec32QAM3

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1US_TYPE_STDMA0010
2US_TYPE_STDMA0010
3US_TYPE_STDMA0020
4US_TYPE_STDMA0010

I have to admit so far with virgin I;m not at all impressed on any level be it the foreign phone support, the terrible saleswoman who kept messing my contract up and basically telling me if she doesn't get her commission I cant have the services,   hours of delay to whatsapp support with same copy-paste answers or these engineer visits,    I really fear the rumours I had heard about virgin are true.   I had an issue with my BT line a few weeks before getting virgin and they were superb,  guy changed the coupling at the cabinet for me and my line was maxed out of spec full 80/20

I feel like I will need to be making an ofcom formal complaint shortly, I am not usually bothered to do such things but yes after near 30 years of dealing with ISP's this Is among the worst experience I have seen so far.   Everything has just been way off the mark. 

It's 2022 now and this type of customer service is completely unacceptable. 

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @snozski,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with us as a customer. This is definitely not the service we aim to provide and we'll do our best to assist you as much as we can. I completely understand that your journey must have been quite frustrating.

After checking our systems, I can see that at the moment there is an Area Fault impacting your services. The Fault reference number is F009747723 and the current estimated fix time is showing as today 03/04/22 at 12:10.

Please keep an eye on your services during this time and reboot your equipment soon after this time. 

You can keep an eye out for any outage updates on our Service Checker page or by calling our Automated Service Line on 0800 561 0061. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on. If you're still experiencing issues after this outage, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to investigate further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @snozski,

Thank you for your Private Message. However, we are unable to respond to unsolicited PM's. We will be able to assist via Private Message if we invite you into that process. However, unsolicited messages will not be responded, as we are here to help you and the Community.

Please let me know what issues you're experiencing at the moment that I can help with? I'll be more than happy to help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi paulina thanks for replying

As i wrote in my older post same issue with slow upload since install 

Is it possible to resurrect this issue?

I had an engineer visit who checked all internal wiring and changed hub and find no issue , the modulation issue on the upstream is still the same though.   

I tried dming virgin media staff but no reply 

This is how it is at the moment : 

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

14620000043.85120 KSym/sec16QAM3
260300000455120 KSym/sec16QAM1
33940000043.35120 KSym/sec16QAM4
45370000044.35120 KSym/sec16QAM2

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1US_TYPE_STDMA0020
2US_TYPE_STDMA0000
3US_TYPE_STDMA0000
4US_TYPE_STDMA0000

Late at night modulation can get up to 64 on some channels.   Download has no issues and I get the full 1156mbit or whatever it is.   Upload is never as advertised though which is annoying as I use upload quite a bit. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your QAM should be 64 at all times, so there is something amiss.  Just keep pushing as it may need a complete repull of the cable or something.

Can you setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping as this will record and monitor your circuit.  It will also give visual proof of a poor connection, hopefully!  Post the link to the shared live graph and we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks