cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb top speed?

artoo
Tuning in

Could someone confirm this is the absolute top speed on the Gig1 package please? I am fully cat8 in my house.

Also I put my Hub4 into modem mode straight away, so I am not aware of the hub4 options but (long shot....) I don't suppose you can NIC team/ aggregate/ bond the RJ45 ports on the hub 4 so I can take its internal LAN capability to 2.5gb etc?sppedfinalcapture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rankrotten
On our wavelength

Yes I have successfully done that.  Hub 4 needs to have firmware 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20 and router needs to support balance-rr.  Works best using all 4 LAN connections in modem mode.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.39.35.png

https://tech.msh100.uk/virgin/networking/2020/10/17/virgin-media-greater-than-gbit/

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Rankrotten
On our wavelength

You can bond all 4 ethernet ports on the Hub 4 in modem mode if using your own router supporting balance-rr bonding to get the full line speed.

Hub 4 needs to have firmware version of 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20 or higher

https://tech.msh100.uk/virgin/networking/2020/10/17/virgin-media-greater-than-gbit/

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 23.28.25.png

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Rankrotten
On our wavelength

Yes I have successfully done that.  Hub 4 needs to have firmware 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20 and router needs to support balance-rr.  Works best using all 4 LAN connections in modem mode.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.39.35.png

Rankrotten
On our wavelength

You can bond all 4 ethernet ports on the Hub 4 in modem mode if using your own router supporting balance-rr bonding to get the full line speed.

Hub 4 needs to have firmware version of 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20 or higher

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 23.28.25.png

Thanks for posting this Rankrotten, it put me on the right track for bonding ports to my untangle gateway, getting the full speed now!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @artoo,

Welcome back to our Community! Glad to see you posting again!

We're sorry to hear that you're not reaching top speeds from our Hub 4!

Have you taken a look at the previous suggestions from our valuable Community members?

Was that speed test taken on a wired connection?

Please let us know and keep us updated.

Thanks, 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for posting this

Is there anything that needs to be done on the SH4 in modem mode to port bond or is it ask configured on the router?

Currently my Firewalla Gold only shows 1/2 NICs connected to the SH4 and I've rebooted the SH4

SH5 Modem Mode, Firewalla Gold+ Router, Ubiquiti U6 APs

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Turns out my Firewalla Gold doesn't support 802.3ad yet but its on their list to add soon. 

SH5 Modem Mode, Firewalla Gold+ Router, Ubiquiti U6 APs

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

What’s the advantage of bonding all 4 Lan ports? 

Im currently doing 2 Lan ports and it’s stable and I’m getting 1.1 gig consistently on testing for a month now, not sure I want to change the config as I would loose ports on my router if I bounded all 4 Lan ports, unless there was an obvious advantage. 

@techygeek1 wrote:

What’s the advantage of bonding all 4 Lan ports? 

Im currently doing 2 Lan ports and it’s stable and I’m getting 1.1 gig consistently on testing for a month now, not sure I want to change the config as I would loose ports on my router if I bounded all 4 Lan ports, unless there was an obvious advantage. 

Other than redundancy or pre-emptive steps for future speed increases no advantages.