cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb line - Upload speed half of what it should be

tintin_UK
Dialled in

Running some Ookla speed tests, my upload speed currently maxes out at around 25Mbps rather than the 50 that I'm paying for.

The service status pages suggests an issue in my postcode area (SP10) but nothing else. Can a Virgin rep confirm that this may be causing the issue and what the ETA for the fix is?

Thanks,

tt

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

If your Hub (3/4/5) is in Router mode this test link will show the service speed to the Hub
and then how well your device works with the Hub. The device can be slower if WiFi is involved.

Once the test starts click on Run full test to see all the figures.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Thanks but my hub is in modem mode. I use a 3rd party router.

To check for local service issues call 0800 561 0061

Without proper stats all one sees is the overall out come, not the root cause.
A brief return to Router mode would help to rule in / out the service to the Hub as being an issue.

Thanks for the phone number. The voicemail message is effectively the same as what's on the website:Nondesctript in terms of what the problem is and how long it will take to be fixed which is a shame.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tintin_UK,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're affected by an ongoing issue in your area, and feel you haven't got much information regarding this. I've had a look on our end, and this is what's going on:

Fault Type: Signal-To-Noise (SNR)
Fault Description: You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.
Fault Reference: F010405275
Estimated Fix Time: 26 JAN 2023 09:00

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. If things are still the same after the estimated fix time has passed, please do let us know and we'll do our best to assist further, or provide further updates.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ