cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb hub 4

taycar1011
Joining in

I’ve had 1gb installed today with a hub4.  Haven’t clocked over 400 while stood next to the router yet and getting an average of 20-30 in upstairs bedroom.  Engineer said there was a known problem in the area, but the website says that’s not the case.  What’s the easiest way to speak to someone about this?  I don’t have a virgin phone line, so can’t call 150

25 REPLIES 25

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @taycar1011

How have things been with the 3rd pod now being added? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

the third one is 30 feet from the router on the same floor and a wi-fi Speedtest just now clocked 460 standing next to the router and 219 next to the pod.  But I’m not sure what (if anything) can be done about that.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@taycar1011 wrote:

the third one is 30 feet from the router on the same floor and a wi-fi Speedtest just now clocked 460 standing next to the router and 219 next to the pod.  But I’m not sure what (if anything) can be done about that.

That's how wifi extenders work,  they drop speed on each hop.  Unless they have triband wifi or connected via cable as a backhaul.  I don't think the Pods can do either.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s not how my upstairs ones are working, which now get faster speeds than they did before the pods were fitted and get far faster speeds than the one mentioned above

Hi taycar1011 thanks for coming back to us.

I am sorry to hear that your WiFi speeds issue is still ongoing.  I would like to take a closer look.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R