cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb hub 4

taycar1011
Joining in

I’ve had 1gb installed today with a hub4.  Haven’t clocked over 400 while stood next to the router yet and getting an average of 20-30 in upstairs bedroom.  Engineer said there was a known problem in the area, but the website says that’s not the case.  What’s the easiest way to speak to someone about this?  I don’t have a virgin phone line, so can’t call 150

25 REPLIES 25

Thanks.  Still outstanding and booster has arrived today and made absolutely no difference

Hi @taycar1011, really sorry to hear that you hadn't experienced an improvement on Saturday.

It does appear that the outage has been resolved earlier than expected, so in theory if this is linked to your performance then you shouldn't be having any more issues with your speed.

Can you please reboot your Hub, run another speed test with an ethernet cable connected to a device and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

Tom_W

The speed with the Ethernet is and always has been fine.  The issue is with Wi-Fi, which is terrible.  Drops below 100 gbps on my laptop and the network is barely visible in my son’s room upstairs.  Have received a booster which has done absolutely nothing.

Obviously that last post should have said less than 100 mbps and not gbps.  Wishful thinking on my part! 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi taycar1011,

Sorry to see your issue still persists.

As with all cases, Wi-Fi can fluctuate with download speeds as it is a wireless connection, if there is any way your laptop or any other devices can be connected via ethernet I would advise to do so for the guarantee of a steady speed.

From looking at the account I can see another Pod has been ordered, please let us know how you get on with it when delivered.

Take care,

Kain

the first pod made absolutely no difference.  so I don't see what sending a second one is going to achieve.

Hi taycar1011, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums, we can send up to 3 pods, You would get better coverage of the home with the more pods which are installed. Each pod would need to be activated before an additional one can be sent. - Chris. 

I’ve received and activated two of them.  Are you able to issue my third one?  The installation engineer confirmed that it’s required.  

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @taycar1011

I can do that for you no problem. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me that information Via PM. 

That's all ordered for you. it should be with you on Friday.

Kind regards,

Zak_M