Menu
Stigmata
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

1gb connection slow upload

In short ,Only getting half my upload speeds due to line noise, cant get support on the phone as hours pass then get disconnected multiple times.

all the support actions have been carried out like rebooting,checking cable fittings etc....

eventually get support only to be told they cant look at modem stats due to them selling equipment they cant access,so need level 2.More waiting then disconnected again. /sigh  

anyway upload stats in hopes that i get an engineer arranged please forum mods

as you can see channel 3 is bad

thx

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

13940000042.55120 KSym/sec64QAM2
24620000042.55120 KSym/sec64QAM1
325800000425120 KSym/sec16QAM4
43260000042.55120 KSym/sec64QAM3
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1gb connection slow upload

A VM person will respond here but can take a few days - so more data will help - they will ask for this....

Can you post up all of the stats from the Up/Down pages - two tables for each - and also the network logs.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Stigmata
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply  .

After trying a few more tries i eventually got through to level 2 support and they confirmed i have line issues. An engineer is coming round Friday.

so fingers crossed he can fix it.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stigmata,

Thanks for coming back to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your 1GB connection, I can confirm there is a technician visit booked, please let us know how it goes once the technician has been.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos