cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb broadband

adamace
On our wavelength

Hi I was hoping I could get some help,I was on the m500 broadband and I've upgraded to the 1gb and hub 4, before setting up the hub 4 I did a speed test on the superhub 3 and getting exactly what I should be, I set up the hub 4 on the 1gb connection and now I can't get above a pathetic 45mbps, I've tried everything I can think of, I've changed cables and done a 60 second pin hole reset and it's still the same,it was only setup a few hours ago, does it take a while for the 1gb connection to come though, its very disappointing when you upgrade and end up getting something 10 times worse than when I started, I've also tried the same knows best speed test and all it says is the device is offline when it clearly isnt

35 REPLIES 35

Exact same boat. The Hub logs suggest the max speed connection is 1gig so why on earth does it not connect to the laptop in that speed. I suspect the '24hrs' thing is a way to end the call.

The tech support I spoke to was helpful but didn't know what else to try. I work in IT so whilst I don't know about fibre, I know about port settings/device/networking to get an optimised network.

If it is not resolved tomorrow, which I cannot see how, I am requesting to go back to 500mb, and the hub 3. 

My connection has big latency issues too, since the upgrade, so gaming is out the window!

The only reason I upgraded was we where getting huge amounts of package loss with the super hub 3 so was making gaming a waste of time, tech said the hub 4 would eliminate all our issues, what a idiot I was for believing that, now it's like I've gone back 15 years with my connection but paying virgin 10 times the price for it, the fault can surely only be with the hub 4 i had zero issues on the speed side if it before i upgraded, what I thought was a good move as turned into nothing but hassle for me my wife and 3 kids to be honest, 

Hi pal, I was just wandering if you found a solution today for the very low speeds on hub 4

No such luck.

I was downgraded back to 500 today but cannot go back to the hub3 apparently. Speed and latency still shocking. Cannot even have a voip call.

Engineer due tomorrow to try to help. Tech support wanted to give me a WiFi booster despite explaining that I am on cat6 connection. They also advised to change my 2.4ghz WiFi settings on the hub then do a factory reset (overwriting the changes!)

it was suggested I was ‘’moved’ in the cabinet when I was upgraded and that cabinet is oversubscribed.

Wish I had left it as it was as it was rock solid for the last 36months.

Sorry to hear you couldn't get it sorted,I got engineer in the morning and I found a thread on the forum where a guy had exactly the same problem with the hub 4, turned out the hub 4 was faulty and the engineer put a new one in and he now gone straight up to 923mbps,I said at the start it's gotta be the hub as all was fine before then, so I'm hoping that's my problem, I'll let you know what he says and thanks for your reply

Don’t happen to have the forum link do you?

im hoping for a hub4 replacement too but not sure they will let me!

I'm not how to post a link to you, but I took 3 screen shots of the post, first pic saying  his problem, same as ours, second pic the speeds he was getting, only 4mbps, and third pic when they changed the hub, hope that helps you out

Screenshot_20220111-203833_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-203913_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-204015_Samsung Internet.jpg

@adamace

Update for my issues:

Engineer visit this morning confirmed the Hub 4 to be faulty. Logs on the hub indicated it was ok (probably why tech support didn't find an issue). Upon connecting to the test device, the hub didnt even respond. It was also unexpected thats the hub would response to both 192.168.0.1 & 192.168.100.1 when in either Modem or Router mode.

Hub 4 replaced with a Hub 3 as I am now back on the 500mb service. 1gig would probably work with a replacement hub 4 but service is stable now.

It is a shame it takes an engineer visit to confirm this, as both calls to tech support said everything was fine.

Hopefully if your tech engineer gives you a new Hub 4 then you sohuld be good!

Many thanks for your reply, the engineer as just left and fixed my issue in 10 mins, first problem was signal in the street very low to our house, then apparently he said the 1gb broadband runs off a different line than the 500mbps line, switching that over and now it's up and running at a whopping 1179gb, on the last speed test, so it wasn't the hub but the actual line to the box in the street, all sorted now than the lord

Hi adamace,
Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, glad to hear the Technician has now resolved your issue, and you are now receiving your expected speeds, apologies again for the time this took to resolved and for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.