cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb broadband rubbish

Richy003
Joining in

Hi 

Can someone tell me the cooling off period for cancellation please. Just upgraded to the hub 4 and 1gb speed. It’s worse than my old hub constantly dropping out no speed above 400mb when Ethernet is used iPhone 12 Pro 300mb sitting next to hub really not good enough and has cost a lot more a month not happy at all. 

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

14 days.

And 14 days is, purely coincidentally, how long it takes to activate the 1gig d/l speed I've been informed.

@Tenebreaux wrote:

And 14 days is, purely coincidentally, how long it takes to activate the 1gig d/l speed I've been informed.

Rubbish I’m afraid - who told you that? And anyway the 14 day cooling off period starts from when the speed increase is enabled and live.

Tenebreaux
On our wavelength

Screenshot 2022-01-17 190640.jpg

Just one of many posts from forum mods saying the same thing.

Ah, yes I see, it’s a Volt upgrade, fair enough, although why O2 seem to be able to action it quickly whereas VM take so long is a mystery. What’s that I hear ‘corporate incompetence’, surely not!

Anyhow, legally the cooling off period would be 14 days from when the entire package is enabled - now in the event of a dispute then post back here, and we can advise on how to escalate it to the industry regulator.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Richy003,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your new Volt upgrade. 

As you have been advised by the Community, our cooling off period is 14 days from when the package becomes active. I understand that it can take up to 14 days for your Volt speeds to be upgraded, and that this can be very frustrating.

Can you update us on your situation if your Volt speed upgrade has gone through yet? 

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have just been told by a guy from retentions that the speed going into the property is fine and as far as he is concerned that’s the end of it from virgins point of view. Anything from hub to other devices in the home is basically down to me. 
Also has anybody else had problems with the 360 boxes locking up and cancelling all recordings etc mine has done this several times since the install 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Richy003,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

From reviewing our systems there seems to be a bit of a provision issue for the router.

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Kain

What does a provision mean is it faulty or not I don’t want an engineer turning up saying nothings wrong and I get charged £25.