cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gig less reliable than 500mb

cartledgelj
Tuning in

Hi 

I took the plunge a couple of weeks back to go from 500mb to the 1Gig line and I have had frequent issues of connection instability and persistent speed variances. I have spoken to the virgin media team on three occasions which results in restarting the router several times with a short uplift in performance, has anyone else had similar issues, if so how did you rectify the problem. 

I have seen a few occasions on here where the speed test and stats from the router are asked for so they are provided below, TIA for any help with rectifying this issue.

My last three SamKnows tests are as follows:

Hub 4

Computer

22 REPLIES 22

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cartledgelj,

Thank you for coming back to us on the public forums. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still experiencing some ongoing issues with your services. 

I have sent you another Private Message to keep you updated on your situation. Get back to me when you can. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Coolyunu2
Joining in

I downgraded my just after 10 days, technician came and he blamed my devices which were capable of receiving over 800mbs. I upgraded from M500 to Gig1, I was told its better for gaming,  so my speed on M500 was about 400-500. After upgrading to Gig1 speed was about 300mbs with ethernet 7??? Upgrade or downgraded?? Technician came today with useless excuses,  straight after he went I downgraded today and same devices receiving over 400mbs, so Gig1 is still not yet there for me with Hub 4 and technician sent by virgin are not very well trained as simple thing they say to you is everything looks fine, it's your devices

Screenshot_20220216-125845_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi @Coolyunu2 thanks for posting 

Sorry to hear that you're currently unable to get Gig1 speeds via your connection.  When the tech tested the speeds, did they confirm that the speeds were Gig1 going to your property?

Regards

Lee_R