cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gig- 0.01 Mb Upload. Will complaint team fix?

Adam646
Tuning in

Hi,

As the title suggests, broadband has slowed down (both WiFi and Ethernet) today down to 3Mb download, 0.01 Mb upload on the 1Gig package.

It's now actually so slow most speed tests time out before giving me results.

Restarted router multiple times, called the support, and they couldn't find a solution so passed my issue on to the complaints team.

The complaints team doesn't sound like a team that will fix my issue, more one which will try to compensate me.

I can't Work from Home anymore, can't stream videos, can barely load internet pages.

My question is: does the community know if this "Complaints Team" will try and fix my issue, or should I call again?

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

Could you run this Hub & device diagnostic speed test

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test starts click on : Run full test  to include the figures for uploading.

Post the results to help the analysis.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Adam646 wrote:

Hi,

As the title suggests, broadband has slowed down (both WiFi and Ethernet) today down to 3Mb download, 0.01 Mb upload on the 1Gig package.

It's now actually so slow most speed tests time out before giving me results.

Restarted router multiple times, called the support, and they couldn't find a solution so passed my issue on to the complaints team.

The complaints team doesn't sound like a team that will fix my issue, more one which will try to compensate me.

I can't Work from Home anymore, can't stream videos, can barely load internet pages.

My question is: does the community know if this "Complaints Team" will try and fix my issue, or should I call again?

you can call again but expect the same level of incompetence - thats how it is with VM customer service especially offshore who are clueless

the best you can hope for on the complaint is not much - they will ignore it - loose it or fob it off with some non sensible reply in bad english with even worse grammar

theres not much you can do other than a full reset and hope

after that wait for the forum team here to see if they can see anything 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The complaints team will do nothing. 

Have you checked if there is a local fault? 

Local check 0800 561 0061

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I hadn't - just called now and there is no fault unfortunately.

Hi, I've just run it 4 times - the first two I got a message saying "Lost Connection - we have lost connection with the measurement software inside your router while running the test. Try again a bit later"

The third time I got:
Router: Download - 966 Mbps

Upload: 0.00
Latency: 14.3
Jitter: 1.41

Packet Loss: 0.13

Device: Desktop
Download: 31.0 Mbps
Upload: 0.47
Latency: 15.4
Jitter: 2.81
Packet Loss: N/A

On the fourth test (so the second successful one), I got:
Router:
Download: 182 Mbps

Upload: 0.37

Latency: 15.1
Jitter: 1.74
Packet Loss: 0.16%

Device - Desktop:

Download: 9.73
Upload: N/A
Latency: 2150
Jitter: 2132
Packet Loss: N/A

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Call customer service and report it as a fault. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I just tried.....

They've told me to change the WIFI settings, wait 24 hours - I tried explaining that this wouldn't change anything as I have the issue via ethernet too.

They have then told me that I have to wait 1 month for OFCOM complaint to investigate....

All I want is a fix - not an OFCOM compensation....

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Adam646 wrote:

I just tried.....

They've told me to change the WIFI settings, wait 24 hours - I tried explaining that this wouldn't change anything as I have the issue via ethernet too.

They have then told me that I have to wait 1 month for OFCOM complaint to investigate....

All I want is a fix - not an OFCOM compensation....

you are again getting the stupidity of offshore who know nothing - the OFCOM comment being a case in point and just make up whatever rubbish they think will sound like a solution so they can close the call with a result [to them]

i cannot say it strong enough and loud enough - DO NOT RING OFFSHORE - wait here the agents will look and may or may not have answers 

again i suggest you do a full reset

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Adam646,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your upload speed. 

I am happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm details. 

^Martin