cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gb speed issues.

Dreamcoder
Joining in

Installed new hub and 1gb internet yesterday.

Still getting the same speed as I was on 600mb 

Phoned support stated that takes upto 24 hours to get new speed.

Nearly 24 hours now still the same... any ideas anyone please ? 

I have the hub in modem mode with a tp link archer AX11000.

Logs :

Screenshot_20220209-071408_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-071422_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-071439_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-071446_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-071506_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-071554_Chrome.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can't see the photos but check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.   It should be something like 12700000 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the quick reply!

It's set at 

Looks like new customers get the full speed within 48hours BUT if your a upgraded to 1gig could take 14 days to get 1 gig wish they told you this when they sell u this on the telephone.

Yeah I was previously on the oomph package all same package apart from 600 broadband, decided to get the 1gb due to requiring it for my home network which meant upgrading to the volt package.

A bit frustrating considering I will be paying for this new speed from day one.

I have been on chat with an advisor and explained I am degree educated in IT, A+, Network+, ccna certified and don't need the spirit about wireless connections and wired but was told I should be receiving the correct speeds as I all services are activated.

I informed them I am testing via wired directly into my hub as majority of my network is wired with cat6 cabling at least using a top of the range network and various other cisco switches etc.

Was advised to phone technical support as I am getting same speeds as I did on my previous package.

However if what you say is true explains my issues but still I am paying for a speed increase I won't receive for a few wees 🙈

Thanks for your reply 

Speed is now sorted.

Thank you all for your replies 🙏 ☺️ 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dreamcoder, thanks so much for your post.

Great news that the speed fault is now all sorted for you!

Please let me know if you need any further help but if not, take care.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi how did u fix

I didnt ..

Phoned support was sorted after a firmware reboot server side.

Also ensure you use right speed test to make sure it's correct I tried around 8 different speed tests.

You should use a certain ones to determine the speed from isp to modem not isp to client just for info.

Iam still getting 510 tryed every thing network team has been informed and still no difference, may change my package to 500 since iam getting this speed