cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gb WiFi internet speed test results

rudra00
Joining in

For about 6 months, i've been on a 1gb package. The average WiFi speed with an Asus ax86u is around 570mb for me. This is mainly using the speedtest.net app on my phone, I will note that the speeds fluctuate quite a bit.

Until recently, these speeds have been similar no matter what online speed test I use.

Last week, Virgin Media notify me of work in my area, my internet is down for a short while. I assume they are making improvements so do another speed test and find the speed is slightly better, nothing conclusive tbh.

I have noticed that using the speedtest.net app I get similar speeds as before. However, using some of the online speed tests I'm getting faster speeds but also a wider range?

Fast.com - 1gb Virgin Media - 750mb SamKnows - 725mb Speed test app - 650mb Broadband Speed Checker - 620mb

I'm wondering why there is such a difference? I mean 620 to 1gb is an extra 400mb. Would be interesting to hear others opinions on this.

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rudra00,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

With WiFi Speed numerous environmental factor can cause drops in performance therefore these can fluctuate. What speed are you getting on a wired connection via SamKnows?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs