cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB speed upgrade in CF14

Cjeffries
Tuning in

Hi, I was looking to activate my volt benefits of a speed upgrade from M350 package to M500 however after days of chat with Virgin reps who wanted me to pay for the upgrade to M500, I have finally been told that the maximum speed I can get currently at my postcode is the M350 package. The next street over (checked using postcode search) have the 1GB packages available. Does anyone have an idea of when I can expect to get the full 1GB line activated on my street so I can actually utilise my volt benefit? Seems daft that they’ve upgraded most of Cardiff and possibly missed my street/street box

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I wouldnt trust anything you are told on the phone by an "offshore" VM CS rep ‌🙂

Double-check what VM service is available if you try and sign up with one of your next door neighbours address. Or ask on your street what service other VM customers have.

If you cant get 1GB they will not give you a precise date but probably just something like "this year" or similar.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’ve been on the chat for the past few days going round in circles. Only when the rep today mentioned that it was because my speed was capped at my address to M350 that it finally clicked. I checked online and sure enough my postcode is currently maxed at M350 package however the next street over when checking their postcodes gets full 1GB. Surely it would make more sense to do the postcodes nearest each other around the same time