cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB slow speed

RJH1975
Joining in

I recently upgraded from 500MB to 1GB. I have a Virgin Media hub.4 hours placed in modern mode and an Asus RTAX86u router. I also have a new high-speed ethernet cable between both routers. After testing at various times of the day I’m getting about 500 to 600 MB speed. I’ve reported this to Virgin Media and nothing has changed since. On the 500 M speed I was getting that speed nearly all the time. I’ve tried rebooting my Virgin Media hub and still not much improvement. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this update, RJH1975.

The above sounds about right as you've raised a speed complaint with us.

We'll need to monitor your speeds and service for 30 days since raised and advise on the outcome.

Please, ensure you follow the instructions so we maintain communication between your hub and service and our systems while this investigation is on.

For more on our speeds policy, visit here.

Keep us posted and let us know what the team has advised once this is complete, happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have in the meantime too so feel free to ask. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adrian

An engineer visited and tested my equipment and found no fault he said  the slow speeds may due to the network. I

I have an Asus AT AX86U router which I use instead of my hub 4. I connected my laptop via ethernet and I got better speeds, around 700-900mbps, on wifi it's a bit slower even when I am sat right next to the router with my mobile devices. 

I have now disabled the QoS on my Asus router and the wifi speeds seem a it better, as I read that with Qos turned on people were getting slow speeds

One question, does it make any difference if I don't have my hub 4 in modem mode whilst using my Asus router?

Thanks 

Richard

Hi RJH1975, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 
When the router is in modem mode it will work as a Modem and the sus AT AX86U will be used as the router. 
Does anything change when only the Virgin Hub is connected?
Can you set up a BQM here

Kind regards, Chris.