cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Speed Upgrade

stepheno1989
On our wavelength

Upgraded from 350MB to 1GB Today and i am currently getting 1144MB from the exchange and 250mb to my computer, which is super disappointing. Can't get through to VM which is also fab. So i am now getting slower internet than before and paying more, don't you just love it.  

Untitled.png

Untitled1.pngUntitleddddd.pngUntitledsdcfc.pngUntitledszcvzsc.pngUntitledygjygjjyg.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I disabled all none Microsoft services in MSCONFIG and turned 5 on at a time until I eventually found the cause, it was a piece of software called Aquasuite, which controls the water-cooling pump and fans in my system. Disabled that service and all works fine. Will email them for a fix.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

Do a full reset (30 seconds pin hole press).

This resolved a similar issue.

Is this on a wired or wireless device?

Wired

I will try a reset

Did a bit more digging. Something very strange going on. Running a speed test on my other 2 machines I'm getting around 800MB, doing a speed test directly on my Asus router I'm receiving the full 1GB, this is all fine. Now my main PC, is getting around 500/650MB when running a speed test, but when i download something on all 3 machines they max out at 1GB. Great, but why is one of my machines showing such a low speed test but downloading at 1GB full speed. What is going on? It so happens that the problem machine has the exact same NIC as one of the other machines that runs a speed test perfectly, all the setting are the same and the driver version is the same :/.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, using different driver versions. flushing DNS, IP release/renew, using google DNS. I'm lost. There is no QOS active on my Asus router, i tried with it activated, still gives the same issue. So it must be a Windows 10 issue/setting, no? All 3 machines are wired. I even tried swapping ethernet cables of the 3 machines, same slow speed test results on my main PC. 

@stepheno1989 wrote:

Did a bit more digging. Something very strange going on. Running a speed test on my other 2 machines I'm getting around 800MB, doing a speed test directly on my Asus router I'm receiving the full 1GB, this is all fine. Now my main PC, is getting around 500/650MB when running a speed test, but when i download something on all 3 machines they max out at 1GB. Great, but why is one of my machines showing such a low speed test but downloading at 1GB full speed. What is going on? It so happens that the problem machine has the exact same NIC as one of the other machines that runs a speed test perfectly, all the setting are the same and the driver version is the same :/.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, using different driver versions. flushing DNS, IP release/renew, using google DNS. I'm lost. There is no QOS active on my Asus router, i tried with it activated, still gives the same issue. So it must be a Windows 10 issue/setting, no? All 3 machines are wired. I even tried swapping ethernet cables of the 3 machines, same slow speed test results on my main PC. 

Very odd!

If you get chance try a speed test in safe mode (With networking of course!).

Good idea, i will try that. 

Running the test in safe mode results in nearly 1GB speeds, so what in Windows 10 could be causing speedtests to show 500/600MB (the speed steadily drops throughout the test).

Thanks for the great suggestion btw. 

What differences are there in hardware and software?  Any third party internet security programme is usually a main suspect, as are any higher security levels (of Windows security and third party) where there is an option checked to use some "web check" that sends sample traffic to the provider's web site, any VPN in place and the like.  Could also be junkware like Trusteer that hogs resources.

I disabled all none Microsoft services in MSCONFIG and turned 5 on at a time until I eventually found the cause, it was a piece of software called Aquasuite, which controls the water-cooling pump and fans in my system. Disabled that service and all works fine. Will email them for a fix.

Hi stepheno1989, 

Thanks for your post and for taking the time to update the thread. 

We're glad to hear that with the help of our Community users, you were able to find the cause of your slower speeds on your device. 

Please keep us in the loop on if Aquasuite send any fixes your way. This will help keep the thread updated and will allow other users to search the fix in case they are in the same boat 🙂

Take care in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs