cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Hub4 not quick!

ensalmo
Joining in

I have recently upgraded but speed is not more than 300mb. 

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
By wireless?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not guarantee wifi speeds, only wired to the Hub.

What speed do you get wired directly to the Hub, with a Cat 6a cable and a gigabit capable device using www.samknows.com/realspeed ?

You could also try splitting the SSID as below and manually choosing the 5Ghz channel on your wifi device.

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ensalmo,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

So sorry for any issues faced with your service.

From checking our service I can't really find any readings that would attribute to speed issues.

Are you able to try a wired speed test to determine if the issue is solely Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

Kain

I could not do the changes by accessing the Hub especially this step

Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Wireless speed is fine if you think you can do better get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ensalmo,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your internet.

I checked our system, we can see nothing wrong with your area which could be causing these issues. Also everything looks within spec on the up/down streams. 

I would recommend using our self help pages on how to improve your Wi-Fi.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide