cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Broadband

David0208
Joining in

Hi,

I have posted before and still no response or change so I'll try again.

Due to the slow speeds of my 350mb broadband I was about to cancel but was talked in to upgrading to 1gb broadband. My 350mb was up and down to the point I was losing video calls during work.

After upgrading to 1gb this has not changed only now I'm paying £40 more for the same failing service. The other major problem I have is that I am getting nowhere near 1gb (I've been through all the calls etc to test it) in fact I'm lucky if I get 500mb.

Now before anyone jumps in and says "500mb is fantastic!" .... yes it would be if it was what was paying for and it was consistent. At least when I was paying for 350mb I was getting that at peaks, but unfortunately where they both compare is the troughs. 

My costs for broadband have risen significantly. I was paying £50 for broadband only and now I pay £87 (includes TV, apparently its cheaper if I keep that in) for a service that's only marginally better at peaks and similar or worse when losing connectivity.

4 REPLIES 4

risc19
Well-informed

So if I understand this right...

Your connection could barely manage 350mb, so instead of fixing it virgin recommended you get the 1gig package?

Is that about right?

Here is a message from a virgin legend....

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

ewhitey
Superfast

Before your thread takes it's course I feel your pain and have done for quite a while now...My latest realsam results: 415/126...436/160...407/124...935/164...414/151...411/161  and yes I'm on 1GB too - Post your results as rising star said asap and the team can have a look for you 😉

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It seems to be a thing for Virgin's phone staff to encourage someone with a connection problem to upgrade to a faster contract.  It's disgraceful. 

If you are still within the 14 days cooling-off period you would be well advised to phone in and cancel it.

Then you can come back here and we can try to help you sort out the problem. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @David0208,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing ongoing issues with broadband speeds despite upgrading. We can understand this is not ideal and want to do our best to help.

Are you able to provide the information given by @risc19 so we can best look into this and determine where the problem may lay? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs