cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10mbps - every evening

chriscpenman
Joining in

in the evening from 11pm to around 2am my broadband speed all but vanishes. making it impossible to work or watch tv online. i have had a monitor going for the past year or so and this shows that in some instances - around 11:30 last evening for example the latency jumps thru the roof but i can't seem to see how to monitor mbps other than to do speedtest all the time. 

what is going on here? i'm paying for a 100mbps service and getting 10% of that at best every single night. it's not like there's suddenly loads of connections to my broadband in the evening. there's more connections during the day and the speed is faster. 

thoughts please. 

link to the monitor is below 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a8362ce22a872e7876a73c1e8c64882a7e...

1 REPLY 1

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chriscpenman.

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing ongoing intermittent service issues, I can appreciate how frustrating this must be and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks for linking the BQM, that definitely doesn't look the healthiest. 

I've managed to locate your account and I can see the Hub hasn't been rebooted in 30 days, I'd advise doing this first as this will help refresh the diagnostics on our end. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide