Re: 100mb/s speed appauling during peak times

i'm still getting constant internet drop outs

0 Kudos
halo123
Tuning in
Message 82 of 107
Flag for a moderator

THE INTERNET I'M PAYING FOR IS STILL UNUSABLE, CONSTANT DROPS OUTS CAN YOU REPLY?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 83 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Bump your thread less, it puts you to the back of the queue each time and you are just missing the reply time right now.

Either way have a flag: @ModTeam
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 84 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shafreya.

Hello halo123

Sorry you are still having problems with slow speeds and drop outs. We have a problem in the area with intermittent noise, we are doing our best to find it ref F005258285 estimated fix date 04/05/2017. I have updated your account so if we have your correct mobile details you will hopefully receive SMS updates, please accept our apologies. Once that is fixed if you are still having issues we will happily take another look.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Violater
Tuning in
Message 85 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Halo - Why have you stayed with VM for this long?

I've just read the whole thread and the amount of times your date has been pushed back! - I'd of escalated and left, they can't hold you to a contract when the service isn't what is advertised and what you are paying for, credit or no credit.

I can bet you anything you want, that during the 2 years on your high utilisation that VM brought on more customers within your area. I would also be confident in saying that these new customers weren't informed of high utilisation and the months/years for this to be fixed.

I had VM for a few years, no issues - moved house last month constant issues and I've handed my notice in, not termination fee due to ongoing issue and that 4 weeks not 24months!

The guys and gals on here must be embarassed to have to keep coming back to you with push backs but there is nothing they can do about it personally.

Things wont change until Customers unite and follow all escalation paths and report this back.

I wonder if VM have advertised/posted all areas of their network which is under high utilisation with the "review" dates and "pushed back" dates? Probably not, I wonder why.

Please for your own sanity follow the complaint paths, you have all the evidence in this thread alone!

Good luck to you sir!

V

halo123
Tuning in
Message 86 of 107
Flag for a moderator

because they have a goddamn monopoly in my area, they're the only company when I check that had fibre. I originally had talktalk before I moved houses which was ADSL line and new house was too far from exchange resulting in low speeds. You are completely correct though, I should see if BT have installed fibre, they use separate line compare to virgin correct?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 87 of 107
Flag for a moderator

BT etc all use the openreach line so you will get the same from all of them. VM use copper coax (not Fibre Smiley Wink ) DOCSIS tech.

0 Kudos
halo123
Tuning in
Message 88 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don't use fibre and they advertise that they do?

0 Kudos
JODG
Tuning in
Message 89 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Copper to the box and fibre to your house, as I understand it. Not the same as fibre all the way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 90 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Other way around. Fibre to a point, like the cabinet then copper coax from there to your house.

No network (bar the odd very rare install at an increased cost/business) uses pure fibre except Hyperoptic (which are very small).

0 Kudos