cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webteam@virginmedia.com is correct or spam ?

anna75782
Tuning in

Hello. I need some help. On February 23, I used a website comparing internet offers, I chose Virgin. I got a confirmation e-mail from webteam@virginmedia.com. Since then, nothing else, and I chose the delivery pickup on February 28, and there is no shipment. I also don't have a Virgin Media user account or any other email messages

8 REPLIES 8

anna75782
Tuning in
  • Hello . I have a similar problem. Can anyone check if my order confirmation was genuine? I got a confirmation e-mail from webteam@virginmedia.com.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@anna75782 

I have moved both your posts to the area of the forum that deals with security matters, including possible scams. Posting the same question in two places is not a good idea,  it just creates confusion for everyone.

That email address would seem to be genuine, but one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should be able to answer your question more definitively.

One of the team will contact you on this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry for the confusion . Thank you for your help . I called the Virgin Media hotline today, she couldn't help me, unfortunately, I hope to find out more here

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@anna75782 wrote:

I hope to find out more here

The thing is that although the email address itself is (as far as I know) genuine, that does not necessarily mean that the email was sent by Virgin Media.

It is relatively easy to fake the sender's address in an email and scammers do that all the time to disguise where the email has come from and make the email seem genuine.

Only VM can tell you for sure one way or the other.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Is there anyone here who can check after the order number, why I only got a confirmation e-mail and the router delivery is delayed? I need internet asap, and I don't know if I should try to find other offers again ..

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@anna75782 wrote:

Is there anyone here who can check after the order number.

As I said in the earlier post one of the Forum Team (VM employees) will contact you on this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @anna75782 

Have you tried contacting the pre-installs team on 08000521734?

They should be able to check on the progress of the installation and also hub delivery.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi anna75782, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been left confused with no solid information. We can certainly take a look at things here for you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this requesting some information from you. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs