Menu
kevings178
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

spyware

hi don't know really where to go with this just going to ask the question not long ago I received an email apparently from my own email account saying that my account had been hacked and all my info web searches had been copied and that the hacker had got in through a vulnerable software on the router and they said that they had hidden a trojan within the router and are still watching what I do and where I go of course  they  have asked for a payment to stop. The reason I am asking this is because one of my laptops will not connect to the web ether Wi-Fi or lan within the household  but if I take it to my daughters home it will connect no problem could this be my imagination or has my computer been blocked within my router. Sorry if I have gone on a bit

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: spyware

it was a scam

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is not possible to manipulate the VM Hub's software. so it looks like the scammers are fishing.

It is probable that you have a local outage, or you may have malware on your pc if only one device is affected.
What Hub do you have?
What are the lights doing on your hub?.
Check with VM if there is a local problem.

I would scan your PC with Malawarebytes you can download a free version from your daughter's
Ensure you are running antivirus and firewall software on your devices.

0 Kudos
kevings178
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for that so can you tell me why i can't get on the Internet in my home 

0 Kudos
kevings178
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have done a complete system restore on the laptop with the same result super hub 3

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@kevings178 wrote:

Ok thanks for that so can you tell me why i can't get on the Internet in my home 

Can you answer my questions above?

i hope you have installed some antivirus software and a firewall or at least enabled windows offerings

0 Kudos